Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi (D)     13 April 2010

Is a A.P. non judicial stamp paper valid in Bangalore?

Hi!

I need to make an affidavit for passport application (ANNEXURE I). I have Rs 20 non judicial stamp paper purchased in Andhra Pradesh. Can I use that to get an affidavit and use that for passport application in Bangalore?

Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     13 April 2010

imilar question i have also asked..Members ... we welcome your valuable answers...

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     14 April 2010

It depends on nature of transaction and the place where you execute the document.

If you are in AP and execute a document there, then you can execute the same with the stamp papers purchased in andrapradesh, irrespective of place of submission.

For example for transfer of shares, you may have to execute the transfer deed on the stamp papers purchased in AP but the company to which you submit that application may be located in Delhi or bombay.

If the transaction is confined within your state or the document has to be registered in your state, then necesaarily  the stamps purchased from your state are to be used and not others.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register