LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

samit   04 May 2022

Irregularities in society

I live in a small society of 14 members mostly many are senior citizens,my query is that our society is not maintained properly the day to day affairs and most of the members dont stay here in the society including secretary and chairman. and a few committee members .The society secretary has wasted more than one lakh in hiring lawyers and legal proceedings initiated by one of the members against him for inefficient management . He even reelects himself casually as a secretary year after year without following any paperwork ,no resolution copies or any such thing for any matter whatsoever .He has been directed by registrar to obey the orders once but we somehow managed to convince him not to go to higher court and fight case against dy registrar as hes going to waste society's funds in fighting cases initiated against him. I just wanted to know is it legal for him to hire lawyers with society funds beacuse i feel hes misusing his position.Any remedial measures for this is welcome

Learning

1 Replies

Advocate Y.K. Mehrotra (Advocate)     04 May 2022

Hello

For every society, there must be some sort of registration which officially give powers to elect members of authority ike the Chairman, secretary. However, before advising you I have to read that document. 

For further queries contact me at ykumarmehrotra@gmail.com or call me at 8130714043 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register