Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     10 May 2014

Ipc 182 - no action by police

crpc. 195.

Prosecution for contempt of lawful authority of public servants, for offences against public justice and for offences relating to documents given in evidence.

(1) No court shall take cognizance-

(a)

(i) If any offence punishable under sections 172 to 188 (both inclusive) of the Indian Penal Code (45 of 1860), or

(ii) Of any abetment of, attempt to commit, such offence, or

(iii) Of any criminal conspiracy to commit, such offence,

Except on the complaint in writing of the public servant concerned or of some other public servant to whom he is administratively subordinate;

i filed one application u/s IPC 182 to Superintendent of Police.

he forwarded this application to one of the Police Inspector under him for investigation.

no progress at all.

now i am planning to approach senior officials.

what is the designation of the - - -

some other public servant to whom Superintendent of Police is administratively subordinate

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

Superintendent of Police reports to IPS officers. I would suggest approach IPS officer directly and everything will be taken care right away. I did it in my case and just one phone call from IPS officer will be enough.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 May 2014

Superintendent of police will be reporting to the Range or circle Deputy Inspector general of police and in some case he may report to the IG directly. However, if you want to report against the superintendent, you can make a complaint with the home secretary.

1 Like

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     10 May 2014

thanx sir.

i just want to file an application stating :

i filed application

SP did not act at all.

so as per CrPC 195 (1) (a) (iii), superior of SP should file complaint / he should instruct the SP to act.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register