LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

blrguy   03 June 2016

Invitation from mahila sangam

My BIL is facing an issue with his marriage. Marriage took place in 2012. And they had a kid in 2013. My in-laws side is well-to-do when it comes to asset and in other financial terms.

Looks like my BIL may become a victim of a 498a, but not yet. Probably after child's birth, he started facing all kinds of issues.

A year ego, his wife, in pretext of making visit to her parents, she visited and continued to stay there in their house and all sorts of wild allegations are now thrown over my MIL and BIL.

Recently he started getting invitations to have discussions with "Kudumba Pengal VanKodumai Thadappu Paadhugaappu Sattam-2005, Maavatta Samuga Nala Aluvalagam" from a city in TamilNadu.

My BIL did send the snapshots of those invitations, envelopes etc to me.

(a) I don't see any letter-pad being used. All of those invitations are on plain A4 sheets.

(b) There is NO seal/stamp of government or that NGO.

(c) Just the registered posts says "Indhiya Arasupanniku matrum".

(d) Everything in those letters is in Tamil. My MIL /BIL are located in Bangalore.

(e) First invitation mentioned that his wife wants her belongings to be returned to her by him. My BIL immediately replied back through email stating there is NO such issue btw him and her. And he should be able to resolve any issues within themselves without any outside help. 

(f) Second invitation received recently mentions about DV.

We somehow doubt the genuineness of these invitations itself. Doesn't this NGO have even a letter pad or stamp? Do we need to worry about these invitations? Or is this a kind of trap? Anybody can fabricate these letters.

Please advise us what we need to do in this case?

Learning

6 Replies

blrguy   04 June 2016

Thank you sir. 

blrguy   04 June 2016

Here I am attaching the letter that we received 2nd time. But this time, it looks like it has come from different place - Dispatching Clerk, Judicial Magistrate No 1 Court.

Do we need to worry about this letter? I don't see any letter-head or seal/stamp. But the signature is in green color pen. 

Attached File :
  • downloaded: 195 times
  • joy   04 June 2016

Dude, it would be better if you can post letter's text in English. All can't read Tamil language. Thanks

blrguy   04 June 2016

We are also facing the same challenge here. My BIL is from bangalore. He didn't learn Tamil at school. Not sure why court from TN wants to send letters in Tamil while sending to other states.

The main motivation behind uploading the letter is to check with all of you whether it looks genuine? I don't see any letter head or government seal. Anybody can fabricate these kind of letters. Is this how even rest of you receive the communication from court?

joy   04 June 2016

Yes, usually summons sent through police or speed post. This is just a notice to appear, this is what I think. Once you go there, you will get copies of complaint and you will be asked to submit your reply through counsel if any. thanks

blrguy   05 June 2016

Thanks Joy! 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More