LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

johnny (MD)     15 December 2011

Interlocutory order

A high valued property is currently in litigation in regards to specific performance. The suit fee of about 15 lakhs has been paid and an OS number created in tamilnadu. However the defendant filed an IA requesting the suit be dismissed and and IO (Interlocutory order) was given to dismiss the suit without any merits and the court fee of 15 lakhs was also dismissed. The OS case was never taken up and the merits for the case was never looked at. Recently while reading a law book I came across the following

The   n a t u r al   a n d   logical   m e a ni ng   of   a n   interloc utory   order   is   a n   order 
whic h   does   not   te r mi n ate   t he   p roceedi ngs   or   finally   decide   t he   right s   of   t he 
p a rties.     In   ot her   word s   t hey   a re   st a ted   to   be   order s,   whic h   only   decide s   a 
p a rtic ular  a s pect  or  a  p a rtic ular  iss ue  or  a  p a rtic ular  m a t ter  in  a  p roceedings,
s uit or trial b u t  does  not  however concl u de t he  trial. (V.C.S h u kla  Vs. St ate  AIR
1 9 8 0  SC 9 6 2  @ 9 7 6, 9 7 7-7 8)

If the above is true then it seems like I had been taken for a ride. Currently my case is in appeal in Madras High court. What should be my course of action, and can I complain about this abuse to the bar association.

Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     15 December 2011

Dear Johhany

search more judgement regarding this matter & argue before the appellate court in this regard.

feel free to call

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     15 December 2011

This is not the problem as simple as you visualise , there may be some basic infirmities raised by the opponent  and suceeded.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register