LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Venkata Satya Kumar   06 July 2018

Insulting and physically abusing physically handicapped

I want to know the procedure to file case against person who is physically abusing and publicly insulting a Disabled person, what kind of provisions are made in disability act 2016 in this regard.

Best Regards,


 3 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     06 July 2018

you need not mention the prov of law in your complaint to the police. Just lodge complaint with police naratting the facts. Police will register the case under appropriate sections.

Venkata Satya Kumar   06 July 2018

Hello Sir,

Thanks for your kind reply.

This incident happened in my home town in telangana, and am residing/working in Bangalore. Where I can put compliant, if I do it Bangalore whether this is applicable. Usually cases are filed in local jurisdictions. In case of physically handicapped is this still same. I want to know as per disability act any provisions given in such matters. 

Thanks and Best Regards,


R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     06 July 2018

If you get hurt in your leg, where will you apply the medicine?  In the leg or in the head?

Similarly, if you were abused or physically hurt in Telengana, you are supposed to report/complain to the police station in whose jurisdiction the incident happened.  The procedure is same whether it is for normal persons or physically challenged persons.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query