LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PV (engineer)     25 March 2014

Install a split ac in my apartment

Hello: I need to install a Split AC in my 2nd bedroom which currently does not has a provision from the builder at the time in purchased the apartment. The master bedroom of my apartment has a split AC installed as the provision (hole in the wall in balcony and power plug) was provided by the builder. I have approached association of society to take their permission and have told them of my intent to install the split AC with the outer unit placed inside my balcony wall. The community association has taken a copy of my apartment electrical drawing saying since the provision of AC is not their in drawing it cannot be installed. There are no such bylaws in the society, neither i am installing the outer unit on any outside walls. Secondly about 10 to 20% people in the community have about 2 to 3 ACs in their flats. I need to have this AC a small one for my Kids. Please advise if their is a way i can take an court order where-in the association cannot stop me from installation as i am doing all inside my apartment premises not creating any hazard or obstruction for anyone in building. I have approached them with good will to seek permission but now it looks like they are creating road blocks. Thanks!

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     25 March 2014

Give a written request to the flat Association of your requirement.  If they deny to it, file a civil case against the Gen. Secretary and President. You have to state the fact that other 10 to 20%  flat owners are also having 2 to 3 connections of AC. You have to convince the court that there is no harm is caused to other flat owners.  Even it is not printed in the drawing of the apartment, the court can grant the provision to you.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 March 2014

Firstly give in writing to the Association president about your intention to instal the second unit of air condition device in your apartment by giving the details that the said installation will not cause any hazard to other inmates of the association neither it will hamper the design of the building or will violate any law/bye-law that would be prevalent on this issue.  If the President denies the permission or objects to the said installation, then file a suit for mandatory injunction against him restraining him from interfering in your said personal affairs and also for other reliefs.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register