LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jayesh Shinde   02 April 2018

Insert of name in 7/12

Hello, Our grandmother was born in Lonaval-Vaksai and there some properties like 4 to 5 7/12 extract. This property was on name of father of my grandmother. But after death of father of our grandmother, some of our relatives removed name of my grandmother from 7/12 extract. As per original details, the father of my grandmother have 3 sons & 2 daughters, but someone mention only 3 son's name on that 7/12 extract. Please help me what is the procedure to insert name of my grandmother.


 1 Replies

Yusuf Rampurawala   03 April 2018

your grandmom will have to make an application to the concerned revenue office for mutating her name in 7/12, she being the legal heir of deceased owner. She will have to produce proper document to show her relationship with the deceased owner. the revenue office may also require your grandmom to obtain NOC of other legal heirs to enter her name in 7/12. Now its quite evident that her 3 brothers will not give this NOC. In such a case she will have to file a suit for being declared as co-owner of the property. Such suit will have to be filed in a district court or high court depending on the value of land. she can also claim other consequential reliefs lik injunction against her brothers to not create third party rights in the property pending final disposal of suit

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register