Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Inidan Wildlife Act 1972 query

Page no : 2

Samad Kidwai (Student)     12 November 2009

Mr.Shafeeque is quite correct there.

I just wanted to find out if you were able to ask the D.F.O you know about which non-venemous snakes can be kept in UP. like you said earlier that the corn snake (Elaphe Guttata) doesnt come under any category which other are they ?

I know it is much of a bother but i'd be really indebted :)

thanks

Abdul Samad

Feroz M Shafeeque (Police Officer)     13 November 2009

Last day I visited a farm house resort adjacent to the forest. The manager of the resort is a real pet maniac. Apart from the usual pets like parakeets, love birds, emu, swan etc, I saw a deer, a monkey, a flying squirrell, a kite and one peacock in his premises. I wondered loudly whether it was violation. He said no.

The fact is that he is not keeping them in his custody. All the wild animals and birds are free. He is not keeping them in a cage or nest. As he tamed all of them, they are more or like pets only.  Forest officials have also visited this farm. The proximity to forest is a boon for him.

I enquired the DFO about your query, but he is not sure about the species in UP. If he updates any info I will post it here.

Samad Kidwai (Student)     13 November 2009

Very interesting post from you. The farm owner is one lucky person :)

i would really appreciate it if you could get back to me, sorry for all the trouble you have to go through because of me but i really want to be on the right side of the law

thanks

Abdul Samad

Samad Kidwai (Student)     19 November 2009

Mr Feroz

I was wondering if the DFO answered the question . Sorry to bother you all the time...

Perhaps it'd be easier if you gave me the phone number of a DFO and i could talk directly unless you have already found out ?

thansk

Abdul Samad

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register