LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karan Thukral (student)     13 June 2014

Inheritance of property from my grand father to me

My grand father(dada)  willed his house to me. The will is on a plain piece of paper with two witnesses. I would like to transfer the property in my name. My grand father passed away two years back and my father passed away many years back. Please let me know the process of registering the property in my name. If you need additional details i can provide you with more information. I will appreciate your response.

Thank you. 

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     13 June 2014

The WILL is not registered.

Are the witnesses alive?

The authority e.g. State Urban Development Agency ................................may have rules:::
like to issue advt. in two papers regarding the WILL and objections if any to anyone................................and in case NO Objection is recd. it may transfer the house in your name.

Or to allow transfer in such manner only if the WILL is registered.

You may inquire at your own level.

OR you shall need to get the WILL probated.

Approach a lawyer handling such/revenue matters at your location, show him the WILL and proceed under the advise of your lawyer.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     13 June 2014

Karan The will is written on plain paper and witnessed by two witnesses , your grandfather had put their signature on it or not , the will is registered or not ? Have you ,your siblings or not if yes , will they raise any objection while you apply for its execution ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register