Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     01 June 2010

Indian languages in High Courts

Express News, 01/06/2010:

"Union Minister for Law and Justice Veerappa Moily on Monday said the new Chief Justice of the Madras High Court, who will take charge very soon, will take a decision on the use of Tamil in courts in the State."

Learning

18 Replies

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     02 June 2010

I was told that some Judges consent for argument in Tamil without any wording in other languages

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     02 June 2010

What is wrong in using Tamil in Madras HC? Apart from English,  a local language should be the language of the Court. In northern States, it is Hindi and English. here, it will be Tamil and English. Fair enough. 

(Guest)

Dear Dr. Tripathi, AGAIN AND AGAIN CONGRATS !!  You know well for what.....

(For recovering the respect of common people of India) 

(Guest)

In Indian Territory there is already a formula of THREE LANGUAGRS is already considered at the time India entered into freedom and democratic country..

International Language ENGLISH..

National Language HINDI.. 

and Reginal Languages for respective STATES...

Apart from what a Judge of Gujarat High Court underlined that the HINDI is not RASHTRABHASHA..

In fact, the HINDI is RAJBHASHA OF INDIA.

A NATION IS NOT WITHOUT ITS LANGUAGE  

May I know the provision of law wherein it is said that Hindi is the National language?

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     02 June 2010

Instead of fighting within home, can’t we fight against outsider who is taking benefit of our internal differences?  

“Mele men bhule hote to ghar koi panhucha deta,

Ghar men hum bhule hain, kaise thaur thikaane payenge!”

Hindi and all Indian languages must be respected. All are children of one mother language – Sanskrit. No one in India can deny that the Sanskrit is his ancestral language.

Is it not shameful that we in our own country, taking help of a foreign language to communicate with each other?

Can’t we take initiative for a movement to replace English by the Sanskrit!!!

I completely agree with you on this, Tripathi ji..    :D

Neither the Constitution of India nor Indian law specifies a National language. Article 343 of the constitution specifies that the official language of the Union shall be Hindi in Devanagari scriptt. Article 354 specifies that the legislature of a State may by law adopt any one or more of the languages in use in the State or Hindi as the Language or Languages to be used for all or any of the official purposes of that State.[3] Section 8 of The Official Languages Act of 1963 (as amended in 1967) empowers the Union Government to make rules regarding the languages which may be used for the official purposes of the Union, for transaction of business in Parliament, and for communication between the Union Government and the states.[4] Section 3 of G.S.R. 1053, titled "Rules, 1976 (As Amended, 1987)" specifies that communications from a Central (Union) Government office to a State or a Union Territory in shall, save in exceptional cases (Region "A") or shall ordinarily (Region "B"), be in Hindi, and if any communication is issued to any of them in English it shall be accompanied by a Hindi translation thereof.

(Guest)

IT IS REALLY BAD TO SUPPORT A WRONG THING FOR ANY PURPOSE

BUT,

IT IS WORST NOT TO SUPPORT A RIGHT THING

Ms. Suchitra S.

It was the day I entered in LCI and given a SALUTE to you.. do you remember?  And for what ? do you also remember that ??

I also appreciate one Mr. S. Sabarinath another Law Student here..

BECAUSE YOU STUDENTS OF LAW ARE VERY ENERGITIC AND MOREOVER YOU ARE AHEAD THAN US SINCE YOU ARE REVEALLING CURRENT THINGS EVERY DAY… WHEREAS WE GO THROUGH THE PRACTICE…..

Here, another SALUTE to you for submitting constitutional provision regarding language in your current posting apart from you started quarrelling with me in your earlier posting.

Still,

Is it not right ? that; NO NATION IS WITHOUT ITS LANGUAGE ??

Dear Dr. Tripathi, I too love Sanskrut but it is not practical thinking that it can be now used in general..

I don’t see any problem or any injustice with anyone in India while following the THREE LANGUAGE FORMULA..  Is it not A TRUTH that the Hindi is used by most of the people ??  It should not be a matter since the language is only a medium of communication so we can communicate in any easy method. 

THE “MATTER” IS NOT THAT IN WHICH LANGUAGE WE ARE COMMUNICATING..

THE “MATTER” IS THAT “WHAT THE ISSUE” WE ARE COMMUNICATING…

THE MAIN ISSUE IS “HOW TO PROVIDE BATTER LIVES TO EVERYONE”.

Ms. Suchitra, please make me correct if somewhere I am wrong.. thanks.

Dr. Tripathi is already here as our BIG B (Big Brother)…..  

Ram Sir, I am a student of law and interested to know the position of law. I am not against any language or community. Personally, I know many languages. Language is an effective medium of communication and each language has its own flavour. My opinions to the queries in the forum are not biased or prejudiced. Some of the times I may go wrong also. It is a learning platform for me. Pl excuse if you find me wrong.

As far as Hindi is concerned, only 45% of India's population speaks Hindi and I feel it is unfair to force somebody to learn any language.

(Guest)

Ms. Suchitra, I never mind anyone to say whatever I think is correct..

So, right here first of all, A THIRD SALUTE TO YOU FOR YOUR HUMBLENESS...

My one question to them who fights for language, that; WHAT IS THE LANGUAGE OF LOVE ?

And my second and last question is that; A FIGHT GIVES JUSTICE TO WHOM ??

IT IS THE 'CONVINCING' (IN ANY LANGUAGE) WHICH WORKS EFFECTIVELY...

A LEARNER IS NEVER A LOOSER

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     02 June 2010

attention please : we have almost 23 national language, including hindi. a separate schedule in constitution is also there.

(Guest)

Dear Arup ji,

Do you know as to what you written here in your above posting ?

I could not understand anything.

So, will you please quote the constitutional provision these "23 National Languages" are described and will be batter if all 23 you please mention..

I said the HINDI is RAJBHASHA..  Do you mean that there are 23 RAJBHASHA incliding HINDI..

Please let me atleast something to understand...

And my another request to you, please spare proper time for the matter and situation where details are needed since in hurriedness neither you write properly nor we understand properly and time and energy goes waste in unfruitful repeated try to understand the meaning.

(Guest)

And, if you mean that "SCHEDULED LANGUAGE" for "NATIONAL LANGUAGE"

so you mean that "THE SCHEDULED CASTE" means "NATIONAL CASTE"

and

"SCHEDULED TRIBE" means "NATIONAL CASTE" ???

PLEASE MAKE MY KNOWLEDGE CORRECT...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register