Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Maheshkumar Sapaliga   29 March 2018

Incorrect tagging of property registration

Hi Experts,

I had purchased a property in the year 2009. The Owner of the property had two Flats side by side which he sold and left town. I was recently trying to sell my house when it came to light that the Other flat's registration is also tagged in my flats number. There are two seperate registrations and stampdutys paid for both the flats by the previous owner. Now a deed of Rectification is not possible as there is no correction in the Documents and neither the previous owner of the house is available. The Error is in the Tagging of the Documents which was done by the Registration department. The Other flats Document is tagged in my house number. What can be done in this situation and how can i resolve this. Again mentioning that the Previous Owner is not available. Can this be resolved by me and the current owner of the other flat?

Learning

2 Replies

Srajadvo460 (Advocate)     29 March 2018

You can appraoch the District Registrar and file objections under the Registration Act and Rules thereunder for removal of wrong entries made in their records concerning your property.

Maheshkumar Sapaliga   29 March 2018

Thank you for replying. How long does this process take? and how much would be the cost approximately for this procedure? Will I need to pay anything as this is not an error from my side?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register