LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Simanta (NA)     31 August 2011

Incorrect pin code of current address of buyer in agreement

I am buying a resale flat in Pune and in the registered "agreement to transfer", but my current address's PIN code is incorrect in the agreement. I have already paid the stamp duty during registration and now will do the "sale deed" next week.

My lawyer said, the PIN code issue on "Agreement to Transfer" will not be a problem in future when I want to sell the flat to someone else. However, he may put a line in the "Sale Deed" for the correction of the same if I insist.

My question is, which one should I do ? I know that a registered document can be corrected by a "Correction Deed", in this case, will the "Sale Deed" be okay to use as a correction method ? Is a sale deed registered too just like an agreement to transfer ?

Learning

2 Replies

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     31 August 2011

It is a minor mistake nothing to worry, if at all you want to get rid of it go for rectification deed.
1 Like

Simanta (NA)     02 September 2011

Thanks Mr Bhagwat Patil..

I have discussed this with my lawyer and he said that he will add a line in the "Sale Deed" that the correct PIN code in the agreement-to-transfer should have been so and so...

Is that also a possible way in your opinion ?  (We are registering the sale deed (part of normal process)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register