LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

In laws torture for money

Hi, my self rehan, iam staying in Gulf, i got married in 2013 Feb.it was a arrange marriage. My wife is very egoist. Very short temper. All my problems started when I ask my wife about the lavish expenses which she is doing from my savings. She always wanted me to do what she wants in her own way which I don’t like. she always wants me to support her family which also I don’t like. then one fine day she told me that she don’t like me and my home and my parents because we are not up to her expectation.( giving away full money to her and we should not ask any count for that).then she left my home by saying that she wants to see her mother and sisters, then my parents let her go, then her family full brain washed her. then she came with her family and taken away all her jewellery and cloths stating that she does not want to stay in my home since its not up to her expectation.(she always want a home which look likes in movies and TV serials) Then I called my wife and tried to convince her. but she was not able to understand me apart from that her family including her sisters and mother abused a lot stating that iam not able to meet their expectation in terms of giving money to them. now I realized that they given their daughter to me to use me as an ATM card. After few days my elders went to bring her back but their family was not willing to send her to my home, my inlaws did full publicity that iam not treating them well including her daughter, but fortunately every one knows about my family and about them very well that is why people simple ignored them, then again afer few days my elders went to bring her back fearing the reputation of my family now this time they simply blamed me stating that iam impotent guy. (because they don’t have anything to blame,,,  I know myself very well what iam not at all impotent, iam ready to visit any doctors to get medical fitness) Now they are asking for compensation for that, then I called my in-laws and their relatives and I said that iam ready to come to prove that iam not impotent, then they changed their  version of the story because they faced the heat from their relatives also, now they are asking compensation for marriage expenses. Her family members are threatening  me that they will kill me if i will come to india,my mother in-law threatening me that she will lodge a complaint against me (probably 498 A) because she is having some support from women welfare association. They are now proposing divorce (khula which is commonly known in Muslims) from  their said ,i love my wife a lot. That is why i bearded all the pain till date, because of this tourture iam not able to work properly in company .now i  decided to come on short vacation to India so that i can resolve all these issues .now my questions are .

1.what if i will come to India (they can do anything to me legally???? my wife is not with me or with my parents since i left her in my home, in fact myself and my family treated her very well. what are the chances that they can book me under 498A ????)

2.i have the messages and voice recordings in my phone, which are  from their family where they are threatening me of my life(what action i can take against them legally ????)

3.since they first proposed the divorce( khula as per Muslims) whether i have to pay the cost of the marriage expenditure ?????where as i also given grand reception (Waleema) to there family and relatives, can i ask them to pay my expenditure in return of that???????????

4. since they did the publicity that iam IMPOTENT guy. Can i take any legal action against them ??????????

5.can police confisticate my passport ????

6. can i approach Human right commission for the mental torture which they are doing to me?? Or shall i lodge a complaint against them as soon as i reach India first so that police can know the actual truth?????????

7.Can i take any legal action against  my in-laws. from my current location without coming to India then what is the procedure for that??? What are the possible all actions i can take from my side ????????

Iam thanking and appreciating all the legal experts who can provide their kind and value opinions on this issue

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     26 October 2013

A man cannot escape from paying maintenance to his wife by lying about his income and trying to portray himself as being poor, the Bombay High Court observed while upholding the Rs 1.50 lakh maintenance awarded to a woman and her daughter by the family court.

Justice Roshan Dalvi was hearing an appeal filed by a man challenging the family court order directing him to pay maintenance of Rs one lakh to his wife and Rs 50,000 to their daughter.

Initially in 2008, the family court had directed the man to pay maintenance of Rs 7,000 to the wife and 3,000 to the daughter. In January 2011, the wife filed a review petition in the family court submitting evidence to show that her husband was managing director of several diamond trading firms in Dubai.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register