LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hb   12 October 2017

In 498a,406 chargesheet wife has attached gold bills

Bills in the name of aunt,uncle,mother,father,and herself. Now the issue is I don't have anything she alleges I have. She has attached few pics from marriage where I am being given a gold chain . Some gifts on Shagun. What can I do appart from denying it. The bills value is in the range of 20-25lac. Apart from this the chargesheet is empty .

Learning

3 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     12 October 2017

consult a lawyer with the complete charge sheet. You will have an opportunity to prove our innocence. 

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     13 October 2017

Gift given to you at the time of marriage is not dowry articles nor it's her istridhan that she can claim it back. Secondly in criminal complaint you are not supposed to give any reply back as in civil cases. Your denial of having taken or holding any dowry articles or demanding it from the wife or her parents etc. is sufficient. At the time of recording your statement u/s 313 Cr. P. C you can state that gold chain was presented as a gift to you not as dowry article nor you demanded it and with her own sweet will the same given as gift and it's not her Istridhan.

Hb   15 October 2017

also bills attached of her stuff like saaris, gold , shoes , cosmetics which she alleges that I have but in reality i do not have anything so what to do about that

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register