Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravinder Kumar (Service)     13 April 2018

Illegal termination of services for misconduct

Dear Sir,

I was working in an not for profit industry association (registered under Section 25) and was terminated wrongfully on grounds of misconduct on 1st Aug, 2016. My termination letter falsely mentions:

Quote:

Termination Letter Date: 1st Aug, 2016

Your service from the organization is terminated with immediate effect (i.e from August 01, 2016) due to grave misconduct and misbehavior.
So that you may understand the specifÏc reason for your dismissal, you grabbed the undersigned by his collar and used unacceptable language, on the evening of July 31, 2016.
All assests belonging to the organisation, which are under your possession, must be returned and delivered to organization with immediate effect.
Your accounts will be settled by the Finance Department in due course
You are not to enter the Head office or any of its Regional Offices without prior authorization.

Signed by Director General

Unquote

Kindly inform if the above can be proved to be stigmatic. I have not done any misconduct and the person is just doing this out of his personal grudge. I mentioned to check the CCTV which he refused. I sent 2 legal notices till now.

Please help me and inform if the above termination can be still challenged, if yes how and in which court. My designation was "Associate Director". I am still in communication with the organization and they are yet to settle my account as i have not accepted the full and final settlement offered by them.

Thank you. Will be grateful to receive earliest reply.

Learning

8 Replies

I was a permanent employee since 2007

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     13 April 2018

Whether the Organization has Disciplinary Rules?  Whether you have a copy of the same with you?

HR Policy is there since 2010. But there is no mention of Disciplinary Rules. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     13 April 2018

Whose query is IT?

Jatinder Rana or Ravinder Kumar?

The above member must have also noted IT that querist has changed!

If you wish you may attach the HR policy ………….. and appointment letter 

Before attaching erase all names/logo/phone numbers/address etc etc to maintain confidentiality.

You seem to have worked at a position which might be claimed as senior by establishment to bring out of purview of ID Act and also term IT as personal dispute and grave misconduct.

The language does point to stigmatic order.

Although IT does not mention exact place of said instance (in office or outside) in evening (within office or after office hours) and in whose presence!

Has the establishment agreed to provide ‘Service Certificate’ without mention of reason of separation and give clean BGV/reference e check…?

Is there any scope to resign and get acceptance and clean relieving by our own skills?

IF IT is possible and you wish to refer IT then you may consider IT.

Despite the said order a private establishment may absorb you for your skills/goodwill/rapport/worth for work of establishment ………….. and/or you may have to compromise on pay package/CTC..!

Have you approached in person a very able senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in Labor/Service matters and having successful track record ….. and worth his/her salt …with all record for a considered opinion…

If yes, what is the opinion of your counsels(s)………..

Does your counsel opine that CCTV footage (with audio) should be/can be obtained thru court of law and court can order to not to destroy till further orders…

Are you willing to contest the matter in courts of law..

Have you written to good offices of appointing authority, MD?

If yes what is their response?

Ravinder Kumar (Service)     14 April 2018

Dear Sir,

Thank you for understanding that I wish to maintain some confidentiality on this public platform.

Although IT does not mention exact place of said instance (in office or outside) in evening (within office or after office hours) and in whose presence! - They are refering the incidence of a cocktail dinner organized by the organization for staff only. incident time at around 7.30pm - 8 pm Place is the ground floor of the building where the office of the organization is at 6th Floor. On other floors there are offices of other organizations owned by others. 

Has the establishment agreed to provide ‘Service Certificate’ without mention of reason of separation and give clean BGV/reference e check…? - Earlier service certificate was refused however now I have filled a defamation and criminal case against them and after that they are agreeying and have provided service certificate without reason of separation. 

Is there any scope to resign and get acceptance and clean relieving by our own skills? IF IT is possible and you wish to refer IT then you may consider IT. Despite the said order a private establishment may absorb you for your skills/goodwill/rapport/worth for work of establishment ………….. and/or you may have to compromise on pay package/CTC..!  - Why should i resign when i have done nothing wrong whereas the misconduct is on the Director General side who in drunk condition misbehaved with me in that cocktail. Nobody listened to me because of his powers.  I wish to fight to get reinstated with back wages and compensation for reputation. 

Have you approached in person a very able senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in Labor/Service matters and having successful track record ….. and worth his/her salt …with all record for a considered opinion… If yes, what is the opinion of your counsels(s)……….. Does your counsel opine that CCTV footage (with audio) should be/can be obtained thru court of law and court can order to not to destroy till further orders… Are you willing to contest the matter in courts of law.. Have you written to good offices of appointing authority, MD? If yes what is their response? - Yes I wish to contest in court as I have done nothing. My counsel advised to file a defamation suit, however, I am in discussion w.r.t reinstatment and back wages and compensation claim case filinng with the lawyer on which he is to reply. The court has not been requested to preserve cctv - thank you for this advise.

I had written to the president after my termination of services about the illegal termination which he did not reply. May be he got influence by the Director General.

- Can i file a case for reinstatement with consequencial benefits and compensation for reputational loss as the termination letter is stigmatic and there was no inquiry done to follow principal of natural justice?

thank you for the help

With regards,

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Illegal-termination-of-services-for-misconduct-176284.asp

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register