LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prabhakaran (Consultant)     13 May 2013

Illegal money lending

I am posting this question on behalf of my wife.

My mother in law is suffering since years with Money lending people paying enormous interest money.

She has paid more interest money and constantly harassed by money lending people. She is a school teacher and the harassment goes till school where they demand money before school children. We are not able to do anything because she has signed promissory documents with Money lending people and that too without writing the interest rate. Because actual interest rate will be more than what they will write when they take it to court.

How to get proof that my mother in law has paid more interest money? Because most of the interest money she has paid was not through bank.

How to corner this money lending people to get her out this situation? If not i am sure she might commit suicide in near future. The money lending people have political background.

Is there any strict law in AP (Nellore) for this kind of harassments?

Appreciate your advice.

Thanks

Prabhakaran

Learning

2 Replies

RAJIV BHASIN (ADVOCATE) (Bhasin Legal Consultants(SOLICITORS & ADVOCATES) bhasin.laws@yahoo.com 9811210505)     16 May 2013

Dear Prabhakaran,

You can file a complaint before the Police alleging that you they people had got signatures of your mother in law on blank promissory notes, when she asked for the loan amount. Now they did n't pay any loan and now threatening, if anything happens to me in near future then these persons would be responsible.  Send copy of complaint to SHO / Acp / Dcp and Commissioner of Police. 

Rajiv Bhasin 

Advocate

Bhasin & Associates

bhasin.laws@yahoo.com

Prabhakaran (Consultant)     20 May 2013

Dear Sir,

Thankful for your time answering to queries.

Actually these people have taken so much of interest from us, its like for 10 lakhs money they have taken around10 to 15 lakhs interest alone. They have charged 3 rupees to 5 rupees interest and sometime to 10 rupees also. My mother in law has paid all these money by taking it from someone and that again for more interest. They are not listening to us if we tell them that we will give principle amount and give us sometime. Instead they add interest to the interest money which didnt pay.

These people have taken blank cheque from her too. Now i want to know how to get the proof that we have paid so much interest money so that we can prove in that court. Will audio or video recording help us?

Without proof how can we justify ourselves that we are innocent. But onething we have confident that none of the money we got over a bank transaction, all were through cash in hand.

Again thanking you for helping us through this pain we are undergoing.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register