30% OFF on all Law Courses until 10th of July. Enroll Now. Use Code: July30
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay Kumar   26 July 2017

Illegal marriage

My sisiter married to a Govt. Teacher 4 years back. He then married another legally divorsed woman(govt. teacher) secretly and suddenly one day he told us he did that and want to get seperate from my sister. Now I want to go legally and if case I want to free his job for his illegal behaviour and do justice to my sister. Please suggest me procedure to go legally in this case and what are the sections I have to file against him.


 3 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     26 July 2017

Firstly file a police complaint against the person for committing adultery and bigamy, cauing cruelty which is punishable in law. It is crime to contract a second marriage during the subsistence of first marriage. Also report the higher authorities where the person and the second lady are employed. Consult a lawyer with detail.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 July 2017

Gather irrefutable evidence of 2nd marriage, if any.


Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     26 July 2017

Second marriage performed during subsistence of first marriage by any person attracts the provisions of I.P.C which is punishable with imprisonment and fine.lodge FIR against that person also intimate to his employer in this regard.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query