LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rahunjain   14 January 2015

Ignoring complaint filed by wife

I got married in 2013 and me and my wife always had quarrels so we never ever got well together.For me it is impossible to live with her and currently i am working in Finland and she lives with her parents in India.

I came to know that she filed complain against me and my parents in the police station.The police came to my home but during that time my parents were not at home and as i have changed my number so she also cannot reach me.

In this situation when she filed a complaint and police also cannot reach me or my family then how can she proceed further.Is it possible for court to send my and my family some notice and does she need to file an FIR to make the police arrest my family ?

Learning

5 Replies

Q Slinger (NA)     14 January 2015

Don;t ignore the case. If  u do, it can only get worse...get a friend or a mediator to find out what exactly is going on, what kind of case has been filed etc. 

Ignoring cases will only make it worse, specially if she gets an ex-parte order. 

Jayashree Hariharan (Advocate)     14 January 2015

tell your parents to take the help of a lawyer and approach the police immediately. atleast let them clarify. and try to sort out things amicably with your wife, so that your career doesnt get affected and your parents need not suffer at this age. dont fall at her feet but stand your ground amicably.

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     14 January 2015

First of all You please do not ignore this, try to get the copy of the police complaint ( as I assume it is not a court case filed yet) and then show it to some of your advocate to take the directions, as per the woman protection Laws She can demand a same value house to reside as of the standards of the house where she was living with her, and maintenance and protection rights for herself under Protection of Woman against Domestic violence  Act.and Cr.PC section 498A. The Best way is to go for the mediation as all family courts and our judicial system do not first do not go 

If you will ignore and the summons are duly served to you and your parents and after that even  you people are not attending the court and ignoring the matter  the case will be decided EX-party against you and she can get forcefully execute the orders through court , this situation will be much worse than this one and sply. if you are in the government service your services also can be terminated as an accused in the criminal case. So better to face bravely the situation and do not ignore the coming danger to you.

rahunjain   14 January 2015

Thank you all for your response.

May i know what do you mean that it is not  a court case filed yet ? As per my understanding for all matrimonial cases first it goes to CAW and after FIR it goes to court right ?

I am not a government employee and i am not worried but i only want to know what my parents need to do to free themselves from false cases as we know its only a harassment technique.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 January 2015

You better engage a lawyer locally, ask the lawyer to get your parents enlarged on anticipatory bail first and then to represent them in the court too.As far as you are concerned, you may remain in Finland itself, the armsof police are not so long to pick you up from Finland for such disputes.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register