LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

if police arrest any public person what to do

Page no : 2

bhupender singh (proprierter)     28 December 2009

you can move the High Court U/s. 482 for quashing, All depends upon the IPC sections framed  there,and the facts narrated

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     28 December 2009

 Why we go to High Court? It means unless HC comes to our rescue we shall continue to be the victims of police anarchy?

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     28 December 2009

 Did you read what CBI Jt Director said incharge of Ruchika case said. He said on TV that the then Director of CBI asked him to lie low in this case and then his investigating officer  was removed from the case.

Adv ramesh chheda (prop)     30 December 2009

file complaint against such police personnel i have filed not less than 10 such cases. case can be filed for negligent acts of public servant

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     30 December 2009

 Yes, Jessica Lall, Priyadarshni Mattoo and Ruchika also filed complaints.

By the way what happened to your ten complaints?

sunil (prop)     31 December 2009

Ramesh ji you can because you are a laywer but what about common man . Lets say your driver who earns 3000-4000 Rs. per month and have to feed a large family

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     31 December 2009

 Are we totally blind? What did Ruchika's brother do when Rathore tortured him and put him behind bars? For 19 years no body listened - courts or no courts. That molester would have eliminated the entire family.

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     01 January 2010

It is true that a common/ordinary citizen can not question/oppose police. So, what can be done?  Do we need more than one investigation agency(recognised by govt./court)? After all no way we can get out without paying bribe, when we get trapped.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     01 January 2010

 TV told us that one Rajesh Ranjan, now IG (Police), Bihar, was on deputation to CBI and was SP incharge of investigation into the case of Ruchika. I reproduce below a news clipping. Can anybody tell whether he is the same man as reported in the report:

Jharkhand at a Glance

Officer cleared after six years

Dumka: Senior IPS officer from Bihar cadre and the former superintendent of police, Dumka, Rajesh Ranjan was exempted from a murder case after a lull of six years by the court of chief judicial magistrate (CJM), Dumka.

Ranjan was accused of murder by the kin of the deceased who was detained in the police station while Ranjan was police chief in the district.

The incident started with the when one Tetka Hansdak of Saruba village under the town police station was picked up on June 14, 1995. Hansdak was detained in connection of his alleged involvement in a crime case.

Later, the man disappeared while in captivity in the police station. Matla Murmu and Sufal Murmu ? two other men picked up by police with Tetka ? were released by the police after interrogation.

In a significant development, the town police in their compliance to execute the order of the arresting warrant sent by the court had written: ?The accused died in an encounter in one of the neighbouring states around Dumka?.

The report by the then officer in-charge of the police station gave an opportunity to the next kin of Hansdak to put the police on dock.

S.B.adil rahman (Legal Consultant )     17 January 2010

Please go through section 218 and 220 and 166 IPC. You have right to file your complaint against the errant police officials. No sanction for prosecution is required  under scetion 197CrPC for prosecution up to the ranks of Inspectors. You can also file the complaints with the Human Rights Commission. You also lodge complaints to the Police Chief and Vigilance Department against the errant officials. Somewhere the complaint will work. Had it not been so DGP rathore would not have been dancing to the tune of law. If you get discouraged at the first instance the rotten society of well knitted criminals-politicians and police will swallow you so keep fighting.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     17 January 2010

 Rathore is not dancing to the tune of law. When his bail was rejected, Haryana police dare not arrest him. CBI won't arrest him. Veena will be found out after 19 years and Gajendra Singh would be arrested from Pune showing the inaptitude and cowardly attitude of the police. 

I am getting the gut feeling that Rathore would walk a free man and no harm would come to him. The entire machinery is out to save him and save themselves. 

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     17 January 2010

in case of police arrest what a common man should do? perhap it is your question. firtsly you demand for the reason. they should give you some documents. go through it. find whether it is bailable or not. if bailable, they will tell you about the bell. if not bailable, that means they will produce at court,wherefrom you may get bail.

the best policy is to, have an advocate. even if you are unable to pay, court will arrange it free of cost

S.B.adil rahman (Legal Consultant )     17 January 2010

Dear Mr. Ramakrishnan

You have got 3 remedies. One complain to the superior officers of Police and Vigilance Department. 2nd is to lodge a Complaint with the Human Rights Commission and the 3rd remedy is to file a criminal case under section 166 or 218 or 220 IPC. If some one is provoking the Police to record a case against you you can file case under section 182 IPC also. A saw made of iron cuts the solid iron. Do so and see the result.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     17 January 2010

 Mr. Gupta, you are reading law to us. Far removed from the ground reality.

Ground reality is what Rathore did. Law was then also.

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     18 January 2010

yes agrawal sab, i understood your pain for the society. you love this human society; you want to take care to the society - like a mother.

Some wicked persons are always present in the society. they ware; they are; and they will be. but it is also true that, they are less in numbers; they try to dominate the goodwill of the society; many a times they win; but time comes when the evil power defeated. " ....sambhabami yuge yuge "

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register