Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Javed Hashmi   21 November 2016

If gift deed from son to his mother and sister, its liable pay society charge

Respected Lawyers, I am a resident of Mumbai. I want to gift deed to My Mother's and My sister is given as a gift my flat which is under a registered society, Society is asking for society transfer fees. Is it legitimate to ask for transfer fees in case of a gift deed? We had given this to mutual understanding and thier no fiancial transaction. Pls advice.


 4 Replies

rajeev sharma (Advocate Ex senior manager law )     21 November 2016

Depends on the by laws and regulations of society. Generally transfer in favour of blood elatios are exempted

Javed Hashmi   21 November 2016

but sir

socierty are asking for money opurposely for transfer, althought no fianancial tansaction and blood relation.

they said "Bye Law No 38(E) Vii, iX have to pay under this section

Please advice with bye Law No?

so that i can fight with them.


Javed Hashmi

rajeev sharma (Advocate Ex senior manager law )     21 November 2016

obtain a copy f by laws from society read by laws and if you thinkany by law is unjudiciaus consult a lawyer and take proper legal remedy No specifec advise may be given without going through all the documents.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 November 2016

Download society bye laws and relate with Model Bye laws.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register