LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

zimmerzapper (student)     06 May 2011

IDEA is cheating me.

of late whenever there is 13 or so amount left in my mobile phone credit, i'm being automatically subscribed to some service, i'm unable to unsubscribe from that service because it isn't even recognized by the mobile service provider. i lock the keypad of my mobile phone, so one else could have subscribed to that service, this happened for 6th time now. has anyone ever faced this problem? what did you do to resolve it?


IDEA is clearly run by incompetant fools who cheat their customers to get money.


 7 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     06 May 2011

you can file deficiancy service at consumer court.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 May 2011

Subscribe to DND service and obtain the registration number.You can do so by sending SMS START DND from your mobile phone to 1909. You shall get registration number  by SMS. After 45 days if you still get any promotional commercial service/call you can complain and the company shall be fined.

If you are not able to unsubscribe you may complain for all deductions by calling 198 from your mobile phone and give details of all deductions and do not forget to obtain unique docket number of your complaint.

If your deductions are not reversed you can complain to nodla officer/appellate authority by phone,email letter,and if they do not satisfy you can lodge complaint with consumer forum.

It is always better to lodge complaints in writing.

The telecom companies exploits due to lacuna in laws and fleece the hapless  customers.Those who complain get the reversals (the number is small) and company still earns by unfair practices.

1 Like

zimmerzapper (student)     06 May 2011

dear kumar doab, thanks for this advice, i didn't know such feature existed. i just tried it twice and twice i got this error message:


"Dear customer, the option exercised by you is invalid."


What should I do now?


Dont file consumer case  .

Switch to mobile portability option.Very easy and cost effective.

Tarun Dhingra (Advocate)     07 May 2011


call 2 your cusomer care no . and  know  procedure regarding how to activate dnd on your mobile . after activating DND your mobile will not take unwanted call or may b unwanted activation of service . if any service is automatically activated  on your mobile then call to custmer care again and say them u r going to legal action in consumer court . even after that this continue try to mail  nodal officer and one copy to trai and i m sure trai will definatly  help u ...

otherwise u can also  file a case in consumer  court of your district 

u might b compensated for your all deduction and also for litigation as well as for mental harassment ...

i would not advice to use mnp try to find out the anwser of this difficullty . u may face same problem in other network ... so go ahead .............fight against it 

good luck 

1 Like

Abhimanyu Bind (Account & Audit Assistant)     08 June 2011

Read here what I did with Tata Indicom and try to do the same if possible.

Share your news on every famous site like facebook, orkut etc. Tell to all your friends and known people.

Mail to nodal officer about all your complaints filed earlier and ask for immediate solutions and tell them if they failed to give then you will give all these things in print media and will approach to higher authorities for solutions. Don't let go easily to these cheaters. They are not doing this with you only but doing lakhs of their customers daily.

Good luck.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 June 2011

Visit website of TRAI.

The process and mode for DND registration is described.

Submit a detailed written complaint to NOdal Officer, then appellate authority if required and ask for refund of illegal deductions at once and to explain how the service provider can deny to recognise the service.If they are at fault demand compensation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query