Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is a statutory autonomous body established under an Act of Parliament (Chartered Accountants Act 1949) which regulates the profession of Chartered Accountants as well as conducts CA course and issue membership to the qualified students. Headquartered at IndraprasthaMarg, New Delhi, ICAI is a part of the state which has to maintain high principles in its affairs and administration. ICAI is having 5 Regional offices and about 150 Branches across India.
There are many employees working in various branches of ICAI on a permanent basis for a long time (5 to 30 years experienced employees are included in this group). After repeated requests and efforts from the side of branch employees, ICAI introduced a scheme to regularize Branch employees once in 2006 and a revised scheme in 2014. But the process of appointment under 2014 scheme is still pending and none of the employees have received an appointment letter till date. Many employees who are in the last years of their service are now in a totally helpless situation.
Some of the issues we face are:-
1. There are many employees working in Branches of ICAI spread across India for many years, but ICAI has not given a proper appointment to none of these employees till date regardless of the fact that all of them working on a permanent basis (1 to 30 years experienced employees are there in this group).
2. The employees working in Head office and Regional offices of ICAI are getting salary as per Central Government norms but the employees doing the same work at Branches are not given an appointment and proper salary. The right for equality is being challenged here.
3. ICAI regularised Branch employees as per a scheme in the year 2006, cutting off their experience till 2006 and was given a fresh appointment. The same employees were again supposed to be appointed through the 2014 scheme, cutting their experience once again. Now ICAI is putting all of us under the outsourcing agency forcefully. 2006 scheme employees are having valid appointment letters, gratuity receipt records, pf deduction records, etc. This is a severe injustice as per labor laws prevailing in India.
4. As per the provisions of the Branch Employees regularization Scheme, 2006 ICAI started deducting PF from the salary of Branch employees, but till date, ICAI has not opened PF account for Branch Employees and the deducted PF account is deposited in Bank accounts at Head office. ICAI is not even having proper records to this effect. It is a statutory violation by an arm of the state itself.
5. The salary and other emoluments envisaged in both the schemes are totally inadequate and discriminative when compared the any public or government level organizations.
6. Even after 10 years the salary scale and other emoluments given under the 2006 scheme are not revised.
7. Both the schemes are not complying with Central and State Labour rules and procedures for appointing permanent employees.
We are enclosing copies of both 2006 and 2014 schemes announced by ICAI for your reference. We under the banner of a welfare association for branch employees, visited CAI HO at Delhi in February 2014 and in November 2016 to represent before ICAI authorities about our issues. We have sent repeated letters and memorandums and a reminder about this matter to President and other higher authorities of ICAI but were totally ignored without even giving a line of reply and now trying to remove all of us by putting employees under the outsourcing agency. Many employees are on the verge of retirement without getting justice to their services and commitment. Hope you will understand our helpless situation.
If requires we can provide the 2006 and 2014 scheme and other related documents.