Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Devakrishnan (Consultant)     21 October 2011

IA in IA ?

HI friends

pls me in this

The respondent filed an IA for rejection of plaint which is been dismissed by the district court in an partition

suit ,then the same repondent had filed another IA  in the dismissed IA under section 151 CPC  ie IA in IA

for stay the suit in the same court .Is the IA maintailable in the same court.

Learning

8 Replies

niranjan (civil practice)     21 October 2011

interm application could be filed and here is for different reason.The court cannot stay legal proceedings, aggrieved person has to approach HC for rejected IA.

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     21 October 2011

Dear Devakrishnan,

Normally, a petition to reject a plaint is maintainable on the grounds available under Order VII Rule 11 of Civil procedure code.  If such an application is dismissed on merits, then the remedy is to prefer a revision against the said order.

It appears that the I.A. for rejection of plaint was dismissed for default and the second I.A. i.e. I.A. in I.A. as mentioned by you, might have been filed to restore the first I.A. filed seeking to reject the plaint. In such a case, the second I.A. is maintainable.

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     21 October 2011

Second I.A. to stay the suit in the first I.A. to reject the plaint is absolutely not maintainable.  I think that you are mistaken.

Devakrishnan (Consultant)     21 October 2011

hi friends Thanks for the reply The second IA is filed under 151cpc stating that the respondent is going to prefer an apple in the first IA in high court ,so for that reason the suit has to be stayed.

Ambika Prasad Mishra (Lawyer)     21 October 2011

Originally posted by :Devakrishnan
" hi friends
Thanks for the reply
The second IA is filed under 151cpc stating that the respondent is going to prefer an apple in the first IA in high court ,so for that reason the suit has to be stayed.
"

Such an IA is not at all maintainable in view of the fact that inherent power cannot be invoked to stay the suit inasmuch as inherent power cannot be excercised in those cases in respect of which specific provisions have been made under CPC. And so far as stay of suit is concerned the same is dealt with under Sec 10 of C.P.C.

Further more, the facts of the case also does not warrant excercise of inherent power.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     22 October 2011

Dear DEvakrishna

Mr. Ambika Prashad Mishra is right

Devakrishnan (Consultant)     22 October 2011

Thanks a lot friends

kvss.prabhakar rao (Advocate )     25 October 2011

Experts openion is right . No stay can grante under Sec 151 C.P.C. Though the setcion invokes inherent powrs to grant stay some provision are there in C.P.C for each stages of suit  , appeal and execution. Sec 151 C.P.C not applicable for granting stay as stated by Mr Davakrishanan

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register