Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Niranjana (Manager)     27 October 2011

I seek justice

Its  about me and my boyfriend ..

I am a thirty year old girl, staying on my own in Bangalore working for a reputed company . I am a very reserved girl and especially when it comes to my professional life I always manage a distance with my colleagues unless I really know them well.

I met this guy in my office who always wanted to be my friend , take me out etc. He was always behind me but I would never pay any heed. Slowly I started responding to him and going out with him. Within three days of knowing each other the guy proposed me for marriage. I was indeed very shocked and surprised. However I told him I need to know him more before getting into a commitment from him, hence asked for a month and I told him the same that he should also know me a little more before asking me to marry him.

He is a Muslim guy and I am a Hindu, which was a concern for me but not to a great extent. It was about convincing my parents but before I wanted to know if he can make a good husband.

As time passed, the guy showed me a lot of love and care and gradually I felt he was the one. We got into a serious relation and started discussing about our marriage and how to convince our parents. We even started planning our home as any other normal married couple would do. Most of the time the guy stays with me, almost all the weekends and sometime in the weekday too. We started staying together as a normal couple who knows what they want out of life. Do have little fights but it was normal. Religion was never a discussion for us. Infact he never had any problem with it, but tough at times he mentioned that he wants me to convert into muslim after marriage, I have made it very clear to him that I will not, coz I am going to marry him and not his religion. And he would understand that.

In the mean time, our intimacy grew and one day I got pregnant. I wanted to keep the baby and get married to him. But he said it will be difficult for us to approach our parents this way. Hence we decided to go for an abortion and in any case I knew he was always with me. So even if I had to lose one, I knew we can plan our family once we settle down together in a legal way.

He was all the time with me when I went through the abortion and then one fine day we decided to inform our parents about it. I had gone to home town for couple of days and spoke to my mom about us. I knew the response would be negative, however I also had the confidence that one day our relation will be accepted. This fact was known by both of us…and we even had planned what to do next when they say no to us.

I did not get to speak to my father but my mom said she will speak to him in the coming weekend. I got back to Bangalore and the very next day, he had to go to Delhi for some training and from there he is going to his hometown. This time it was his turn.

But the moment he reached Delhi, things started changing. He wouldn’t talk to me the way he use to. It became a concern for me because I have just informed my mom about us, and Dad would soon come to know bout it. I waited till the time I could hear something from my father and called him up immediately to inform what happened…(ofcourse it was a negative response from Dad as expected) I wanted to inform him bout it but when I called him I still got a very cold response and hence I asked him the problem as he was behaving odd with me. And he gave me a long list of reasons for which he is disturbed. He didn’t know what to speak to his Dad, because I am not willing to convert to his religion. He also said he cannot take a risk of disobeying his father because his family means a lot to him K. In straight words he was giving a second thought to our relation.

I got really mad at him. It was because of him that I got into a fix situation. I was really really hurt and out of anger I told him I do not want to be with him at all. I couldn’t believe my own ears…after getting this close, he was giving a second thought. I said in that case all you need to do this…confess it in front of your family that you have screwed up my life.

Its been two days since I haven’t spoken to him.  My mind says I have been fooled, but my heart says something else.

I do not really know what he is upto but yes if he has to leave me this way, I will be in disaster. Ofcourse I have no rights to stop him from doing anything but how can I let him just walk away like that. He should get paid for what he has done to me. I seek justice…but how?

Please help.

Learning

6 Replies

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     27 October 2011

What help are you seeking?

You can not force another person to stay with you.

Yes, you seem to have been fooled, but you should have been careful.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Yash (Student)     28 October 2011

The Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005 would definitely come to your rescue because you are aggrieved person (s. 2 (a)) and domestic violence (s. 3) had been committed when you were in  a domestic relationship (s. 2(f)).

Though this article of TOI is irrelevant for now but you shouldn't leave him without the necessary consequences of his vile act upon you.

https://www.indiandefence.com/forums/f31/muslim-men-accused-waging-love-jihad-india-5635/index2.html )

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     28 October 2011

Dear Niranjana

now what do you want?

(Guest)

Seeking revenge is different from seeking justice.

RAJIV BHASIN (ADVOCATE) (Bhasin Legal Consultants(SOLICITORS & ADVOCATES) bhasin.laws@yahoo.com 9811210505)     29 October 2011

Dear Niranjana,

You have only resort that you had been cheated  on the pretext of marriage by making false promise, allurements, inducements with dishonest intentions. so get FIR registered under section 376/420 IPC

Regards

RAJIV BHASIN

ADVOCATE

BHASIN & ASSOCIATES

9811210505, 9868635640

(Guest)

Fornication by mutual consent does not constitute rape. Moreover how will she prove that she struggled after so long. Vaginal swabs cannot be taken as his sperms got her pregnant. Sorry this story does not carry weight.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register