LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chandra Mounika   27 June 2017

I Mounika please give suggestion

Sir, my parents get divorced in my childhood since 2008 and my father getting remarried and he has one son now his son is now 15 i am 22 how can I ask my father to support my life in finance wise, he is very intelligent he transfer property and everything to my step mother name now nothing in my father name so now what can I do

Learning

12 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     27 June 2017

You file  a petition for maintenance under Hindu Adoption and maintennace Act or section 125Cr.P.C.againast  your father. He is duty  bound to maintain you with arrears of maintenance amount till you are 25 years oid  and incur expenditure efor your Marriage as well.

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     27 June 2017

I agree with expert advise of Ms. Usha Kapoor and would like to add the age of daughter for liability/grant of maintenance is "till she gets married and unable to support herself" and no age limit as stated to be 25 years.

Whether the property transferred to step mother's name was self acquired by your father or inherited? If the property was inherited, you can seek partition and possession with damages and mesne profits by filing a civil suit in district court where property is situated, through a local prudent lawyer.

1 Like

Thank you all for giving valuable suggestions

Sir at now will I have right to stay my father house I want to live with my father is it possible

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     27 June 2017

Yes! certainly. There is no bar to it  looking at any point of view  as it is not illegal  or  immoral or opposed to public policy.

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     27 June 2017

You have not informed of your close relatives, your marital status, occupation etc.  One has to live with mental peace whether it is a hut or a Mansion, can you live, tolerate and face the risks of staying in the same house where your step mother is residing and can you maintain proper relations.   Do not jump into conclusions with immaturity, particularly when the court while sanctioning the divorce to your father might have decided your custody .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register