Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jayanthi (nil)     29 June 2014

I have question regarding child custody

Hi!

I got married in August 30, 2009.  The marriage was arranged marriage.  During marriage they said he is 37yrs of old and he has Rs.30,000 as monthly income. That time I was only 29yrs.  I am a MBA professional(completed this MBA after marriage through corres).  During marriage I was working in private company and was earning 18000 and also was working as compliance officer (part time) and earning 10000 per month (Rs.28,000) per month.  After marriage I got promotion and my salary become Rs.35,000.  

After one month of marriage I came to know that his age is 44yrs and he is not earning 30000.  After 3months he resigned his job.  His brother is a kungfu master.  My husband is also knows about kungfu and yoga.

Earlier stage I thought he knows kungfu and yoga thoroughly.  So, I helped him by giving my saving and Jewellery to open his own centre.  But, he started the centre in his brother's name.

After that I came to know that his brother and he has more personnal loans and credit card loans.

Meanwhile I got pregnant and resigned my job and started my own business.  My business gave me lakhs as profit which went to pay their centre rent, personnal loan and credit card payments.

When I denied to give money I was mentally tatured by my husband.   His brother and his cusin sister-in-law is in back of his action.

Because of all these I now a depression patient.  Iam in treatment.

I lost my business also.

I have a 4 year old boy.

I want to know is there any law to punish these persons who cheat me through marriage (husband, his brother and his cusin sister in law)

Can I get the custody of my son

Is there any law to recover the money I lost.

Jayanthi.

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 June 2014

If you have evidences for having given the amount to them (your husband and his brother) through bank transfers and cheque payments, you may file a money recovery suit on that basis but ensure that it is not barred by limitation, the time limit is 3 years as on this date.  If you will not be able to continue your marital life with him any more, talk to him to sign divorce papers on mutual consent, if he is not willing, then you may file a case on yourself quoting mental harassment and cruelty for divorce.  You can file a petition before the district court for  custody of your child under guardians and wards act.  Consult a local lawyer and proceed as per his advise.

neha (hr)     29 June 2014

Hi, I am married for 8 years and have a son of 6.6 years old. Last year i had gone to U.S with my husband on an h4 visa. I had a very tough time there, he used to beat me, never used to allow me to eat the food which he used to buy, Then i had gone to visit my sister in other part of U.S, and from there i sent around 10 mails asking him whether i can come back to him and he blankly refused, I have those mails with me. So with no other option i came back to india with my son, Now my husband has written a mail that he will file a petition in usa saying that i took our son without his consent. Will it affect in any way? Will i be in trouble?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register