LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nilesh madane   19 March 2018

I have purchased Ansestral property

Respected sir, I have purchased 62.50sqm land from Mr. David before 8 months. My name is also recorded to land record i.e. 7/12.

Mr David was purchased this property from his father Mr Popat.

But, now we came to know that this property is ansestral property.

Mr Popat also made Will of his 6 married daughters.

Property map is as below:

Rupaji-Gandfather of David

Popat 1975-Father of David

David 2015-Seller

Nilesh (Me) 2017-Buyer

Is there any problem to keep this property.

Learning

3 Replies

nilesh madane   19 March 2018

Mr. Popat had 4 sons and 6 daughters, but he sales 62.50 sqm to Mr. David and I have purchased this property from Mr. David. There sister's want back this property. please guide what to do.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 March 2018

Which personal law applies in this case or all involved in family of seller/owner were/are Hindu?

Who is D? Is IT David?

Pls don’t use short forms and write full names!

What was land holding of 1st owner in Chain e.g; Rupaji and then each one in Chain till your seller; 62.5 sqm or more?

How did land change hands say by inheritance or any other instrument/registered deed e.g; WILL/Gift/sale/transfer etc etc?

What is date/month/year of death of each owner in chain?

Was mutation record updated for each transfer of ownership and did you get copy of mutations records with all link docs e.g; daet certificate/legal heir certificate/NOC by legal heirs /relinquishment-release-transfer deed etc ?

The said land is in which state?

Is it agricultural land or rural , urban etc ?

Is said sister married?

What is her date/month/year of marriage?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 March 2018

Generically speaking; If Popat’s ownership of land was  62.5sqm without any effects and he sold in his life time despite having signed WILL then sale by him may nullify the WILL…

If ownership of your seller was 62.5sqm without any effects then you may have NO reason to apprehend…sale deed becoming null and void…

Let the said registered WILL seed day of light…

Maintain your possession of property..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register