LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sourabh (ITA)     02 January 2014

I have degree but univ records showing me fail in 1 semester

I am an engineering graduate and out of 8 semesters, I have mark-sheets of 7 semesters. I also have my original degree certificate with me.

For my 4th semester, result was wrongly made which was showing me fail in 2 subjects. I was asked to submit my mark-sheet to college and a new mark-sheet will be issued after updating the results (I dont have any proof as I just submitted my mark-sheet to college immediately)

As I had my original degree certificate, I got a job and its been 9 years i am working in multinationals.

When I approached college for my updated marksheet, I didn't any reply for one year. Then I filed a RTI to get my marksheet but for that I got a reply saying you are fail in 2 subjects in your 4th semester.

I visited university in person and I was shown the same result which is showing me fail in 2 subjects. This results was wrong and I was told that it will be rectified but seems like they didn't rectified it in the master records.

I have my degree and as per the rules no one can appear in final exam without clearing 4th semester.

Some rude staff in university is blaming me of forgery that I was not pass but still I managed to sit in further exams.

The master result file is still showing me fail in 2 subjects by 5 and 8 marks.

Can someone please suggest what can I do to get my updated mark-sheet? Will there be any negative impact on me if I go to court for relief?

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     02 January 2014

It is service fault from university authorities. File a petition in high court to get the  corrected marks sheet.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 January 2014

You are at fault and that is why you are suffering.

You should have corrected the error then and there.

You have posted that:

I visited university in person and I was shown the same result which is showing me fail in 2 subjects. This results was wrong and I was told that it will be rectified but seems like they didn't rectified it in the master records.

This implies that the record is available.

You may now rather than meeting clerical staff meet some senior like Registrar of Examination, VC and try to relate with answer sheets (if in record) and get the error corrected.

If answer sheets are in record and show you as fail then you are fail.

Sourabh (ITA)     03 January 2014

Answer sheets are not in record. Also, there is no record of the marks is present with college.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 January 2014

We are not aware who is right and smart and who is wrong.

You may get benefit of circumstances and doubt.

Get hold of examination rules which may have a clause that a student that is not passed in 4th semester can not be issued roll number of ........................................semester and can’t be allowed to appear in exam of.......................................semester.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register