Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lakshma (Sales man)     14 July 2013

I am the witness in property sale deed please help me

Dear Sir,

I've Signed as Witness No:1 in the open plot sale deep papers while registration which happened 15 years back.

At the time of registration me (I signed as witness from purchaser side) and purchaser took EC and made searching to make sure that person and plot is genuine.

1. GPA holder of the land registered the same plot for two Parties to party1 initially (Without plot papers) 

2. GPA holder Again sold the same plot to party2 with fake guy with the same name as Party1 

(Here registered guy is not genuine and handed over the first link documents of the plot to party2)

3. Party2 sold the same plot to party3 (Where i acted as witness while registration)

Genuine plot owner party1 failed case against Party2 and Party3 and all witness involved in this transactions

Now the problem is I signed as witness while Party3 is purchasing the plot from Party2 and now party3 blaming me that i am the responsible for the fraud happen and demanding the money.

My Question is

1. How far the witness is responsible in this case.

2. Can I prosecuted before law?

3. Can police arrest me?

I am in a Confusion i don’t know what to do please help Me..

Learning

2 Replies

ravinder singh (Advocate )     14 July 2013

yes u will be .. apply for anticipatory bail 

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     15 August 2013

Do you have the knowledge of fraud at the time of signing the document?  If you have knowledge of the fraud, you will be liable.  If you do not have knowledge of fraud you will be safe.  But for the time being you may be involved in the criminal case. But can easily come out by appointing an experienced criminal lawyer.  To avoid criminal case on you you can do one thing, you contact the Inspector of Police of that local area and explain him that you are innocent and manage him that your name will not be included in the FIR as accused. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register