Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Husband told to pay Rs 70 lakh alimony

Page no : 2

revolutionary (NA)     01 June 2011

But why does the girl has to be assured of the same social status. Just marrying means the guy has taken the burden fof the girl for life long irrespective of her duties towards the husband. Duties of husband are being enforced by court of law so why not duties of the wife.

And more over if she wants the same status then she should work for it and not get everything for free. I can still understand that if it was providing the basic needs but then what if she hadnt got married...how would she be surviving. Would she not then work and her family support her. So whats soo different when she is divorced...so in essence its more like a legalised prostitution. Girls would look for a rich guy to marry and be estassured even if the marriage doesnt work they would be provided for.

1 Like

revolutionary (NA)     01 June 2011

It would have been easier if he would have converted to be a muslim in dubai and just went ahead with talaq talq talaq and would be scott free...any comments??

yogesh (will tell you later)     01 June 2011

Thanks for your valuable comments. I want to highlight that court has not forced to pay Rs 70 Lakhs to her wife as the divorce is by the mutual consent

As per report, The husband has done some illegal act i.e forced the wife to leave her matrimonial home which led her to file the FIR aginst hime which led her to bargain the money from husband

The husbamd is very rich and very time savvy so he compromised it outside and by her first motion he agreed to pay Rs 25 lakhs in which wife would withdraw the charges aginst hime and in second motion he agreed to pay the balance

There is nothing define one time alimony in law which both parties agreed to seetle outse and court passes the motion on the joint statement of the parties

yogesh (will tell you later)     01 June 2011

yes, the law will change one day when man will tkae care of the child and woman works outside and this may come when there is extinction of male species i.e 70,000 years ago

(Guest)

@Yogesh u wrote

yes, the law will change one day when man will tkae care of the child and woman works outside and this may come when there is extinction of male species i.e 70,000 years ago??

Bhaskar for SOCIAL JUSTICE (Legal & Social Activist)     07 June 2011

There should be no alimoney or maintenance at all for girls who leaves the husband on flimsy grounds and want to enjoy their life with their boy friends and parents.

Ye to garibi hatane ka bahut hi assan tarika hein.

Do any company or government pay salary as per the profitability or pays as per the experience,qualification and contribution of the the employee towards the organisation.

This law has been passed to earn women votes only.Men are not less then women in India so you must fight for the right law.

Once the law is amended and balanced divorce rate will definitely reduce to a great extent.

Hope that government may get some buddhi.

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     07 June 2011

Simple question while awarding alimony is, "Whether, the wife left the matrimonial home on her own without reasonable cause, or, she was forced out of home by erring husband"??

In the former, wife should not be entitled to alimony at all while in later she deserves alimony and the alimony when awarded should always bring the enstranged wife on equal footing to her erring husband. Generally, courts take discretionary view to all cases which in my observation is wrong. Either wife deserves, or does not! If she does, then she deserves to stand at a level where she would have been has her husband not thrown her out. If she does not, then simply a divorce decree be pronounced and erring wife be taught a lesson.

//peace

/Saurabh.V

leo84 (sergswer)     15 June 2011

But how to prove that:

"Whether, the wife left the matrimonial home on her own without reasonable cause, or, she was forced out of home by erring husband"??

She might go on her own will and at a later stage she might deny saying that her husband forced her to leave the matrimonial house.. Infact this is a live example i have seen. .Where the wife left abusing her husband and inlaws on the street and went back to her parents..And spreads rumours that she was asked to move out of the house..

How can we prove this ?

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     15 June 2011

Originally posted by :leo84
"
But how to prove that:
"

By Expert cross examination water gets seperated from milk.................your side has yet to reach to that stage !

yogesh (will tell you later)     15 June 2011

My deep concern are with Bhaskar and leo .If any one comes with complaint the authorities will listen to her/him. Here the most possibility as seen in the majority of NRI are being suffered as their wives left the home voluntarily and demand big money by implicating them with faalse cases. In such cases the woman and her parents played a big conspiracy in extracting the big money from IT/Management professionals at big echelons at the companies

In one case i saw there in TV a IT professiona had alleged that her wife has granted the divorce in New York Court and he too had settled the issue by giving her laks and lakhs of dollars money and when she returned India she filed the false case against her in laws at Noida . The parents of boy were senior citizens and bedridden and his mother died due to heart collapse

Surely, there must be punishable laws for such notorious women who are spoiling the image of affected women But overall, if any woman runs from the matrimonial home without any reasonble cause then its the duty of the man to file the civil suit against her under restitution of conjugal rights That could be the valid defence for him

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register