LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aditibansal   13 May 2015

Husband threatning to take away daughter

 I suffered from cardiac arrest in Jan this year, and was declared dead from which I was revived with 2 electric shocks and then I was in hospital for 15 days and was prescribed a minimum 3 month period of rest for recovery. I am also having asthma. My husband and his family know very well that any kind of stress and strain physical and/or mental will worsen my condition and can be fatal to me but still  my husband and his family have been accusing me,(like they were doing prior to this episode)of making excuses about my health and doing drama about my ill health to avoid doing household work. They have been constantly passing snide remarks, taunting me about my health problems, my body my intelligence and neglecting any problem I have. My husband says that i do all this ill health drama to avoid physical intercourse with him and  Even the day I was discharged from hospital he made advances towards me, even many times earlier  and the night prior to my cardiac arrest i had begged to him that I am not in a condition physically or mentally for his advances.many times I suffered immediate asthma attacks, heavy chest pain, increased heart beats and fainted after he satiated his desires without my consent.I am completely financially dependent upon my husband, and he takes full advantage of this situation, by providing me meagre money for household expenses and other expenses only if his unnatural excessive physical desires were satiated. If he incurred any kind of expenses on me o r our  1.5 year old daughter he  recovered it by fulfilling his physical desires.he provides minimal amount to me for household expenses. he never shared any information about his salary or any increment or raise investments he has made in spite of  asking him again and again. He does not make any investments or savings in the name of his daughter.He has started threatning me by telling me to stay with my parents and he will snatch my daughter and take her away with him. I was married few years back and since then I have been subjected to this physical and mental harassment, inspite of extracting lot of money from me and my parents .Please I want to know what remedy is available to me .I dont want to loose my life and my daughter.I want to have custody of my daughter.


 3 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     13 May 2015

You should understand you cannot live with such person whatever the best efforts you put.  All your problems have got solution in domestic violence Act.  Engage a good advocate and every one of your problems listed about has a solution in the DV Act and you will get full relief.

KarmaHaunts2015 (owner)     13 May 2015

relief , after the allegations are proved in the court. 

saravanan s (legal advisor)     13 May 2015

i go with adv chandrasekhar views regarding the advice he gave for your life.you can also file a divorce case on the grounds of cruelty u/s 13a hma and also ask for the custody of your child under the same act.since your daughter is just 1.5 years old the court wont grant custody to your husband.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register