LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shehreen Jahan (housewife)     02 March 2020

Husband is cheating on me

I m 30 years old Muslim woman. I married 3years back. I was working with a reputed corporate firm before marriage. Everything was going perfect. Since the birth of my first child in 2019, suddenly I came to know that my husband is cheating on me and involved into adultery with another unmarried hindu woman. He left me since my Delivery at my parents house for the last 10months and even stopped giving me monthly expenses for the last 4months. Earlier when I raised question about his mingling up with females, he refused bluntly. My husband is the biggest liar. My in-laws are also not supportive and taking their son's side always. Please guide what shall I do. I have a 10months old baby boy.


 4 Replies

Adv Shrikiran.B (Advocate)     02 March 2020

File a complaint with Mahila police for the attocities commited by your husband and get FIR registeted under section 498A. The police will guide you through the process. Also file DVC complaint with the jurisdictional protection officer. The protection officer will prepare a report and forward to the concerned court where you can seek maintenance, residential order, protection order and compensation against your husband. You can also file maintenance case in the jurisdictional family court for maintenance for yourself and your kid.

1 Like

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     02 March 2020

just try to get back to job, meanwhile just file for maintenanace .Letter you can decide whether to go for divorce or just wait for rest of life ...first be independant 


Dear Madam, Adultery as a criminal offence has been stuckedoff from IPC. However the same shall be a ground for adultery in divorce case and the same shall also tantamount to menal cruelty. Hence as your an stranged wife with an infant kid with no means to survive please filed a complaint of Matrimonial cuelty and DVC complaint in Mahila PS. Also try to get some eviodences to prove allegation of adultery as it is tough to prove the same in court.

Thanking you

Balachander Reddy




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register