Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul O M   09 September 2021

human rights related

I'm a student studying Diploma, I live in GD Mara slum near BG Road. my house is located near the public road(main road). So roadside vendors will open their shop every day on the foothpath of that main road. A kebab vendor ( relation of local leader of that slum) opens her shop on the foothpath right infront of my house. They do not give respect properly. They talk abusive words with us. yesterday they broke the sheet of the house while getting the current connection to their roadside shop. So my mom went and told them please don't do like that The sheet will break down and the water will come inside in this rainy season. So she and some gents with her got into verbal fight with my mom( like why always you come to fight with us , who sold the house next to main road to you , why are you residing here , go and live in any apartment, if you had your house inside the slum and talk with us like this I would have beaten you up badly, and then they didn't give respect good anymore my mom asked what's the problem with me and my family for you and then they were like you residing here is the problem, we are local guys and you are official etc .,,. ) they talked many abusive words in front us every one in that public road and everyone were laughing on us. We live here from last 9 years and didn't bother anyone there anytime and also we didn't ask them why they put the shop infront of our house blocking to walk on that way and nobody else iyn that road giveup the place infront of their house to do business like that. Although they don't give respect. My mom is a high school teacher with 20 years of experience. sometimes we can't park our two wheeler infront or nearby our house.they doesn't clean after they close the shop.

They did like this many times
Their relation the local leader of the slum has some influence in local police station. so they say will you give a complaint on us, go and give we know what to do
they insult us very badly with abusive words

what should I do now for this problem?


 1 Replies

Kevin Moses Paul   09 September 2021

As per your concern it is better to file a complaint in a local police station that has competent jurisdiction over the matter. You may proceed to file the complaint under sections 503 and 499 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), 1860 for Criminal Intimidation as well as Defamation respectively.

(I) Section 499 IPC deals with Defamation.
This section states that - "Whoever, by words either spoken or intended to be read, or by signs or by visible representations, makes or publishes any imputation concerning any person intending to harm, or knowing or having reason to believe that such imputation will harm, the reputation of such person, is said, except in the cases hereinafter expected, to defame that person".

(II) Section 503 IPC deals with Criminal Intimidation.
This section states that - "Whoever threatens another with any injury to his person, reputation or property, or to the person or reputation of any one in whom that person is interested, with intent to cause alarm to that person, or to cause that person to do any act which he is not legally bound to do, or to omit to do any act which that person is legally entitled to do, as the means of avoiding the execution of such threat, commits criminal intim­idation".

File a complaint against the lady and all the rest of the accused based upon the sections mentioned above.

Hope It Helps!

Kevin M. Paul

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register