New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kishor kumar   12 February 2018


My father has got a land under grant by Karnataka Govt and land is registered in his name. But my father's brother claiming that land is HUF property, since, it is mentioned in the application form as "I am living in HUF". And my father's brother was also make an application for the same land but that was rejected. Is he entitled for the share in the land.


 1 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     12 February 2018

At the time of submitting application for grant of Patta land in the name of xxxxxxxx a HUF, then your uncle (father's brother) can enjoy that. See the Terms and conditions mentioned in Patta.  However for any transfer of the Patta land, permission for transfeer of such land must be obtained from the Revenue authorites.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register