Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pramod (Director)     15 February 2011

HSBC Card Fraud

Hi All,

I am in a trouble right now. Could any body please help me

I had a card HSBC and expired in FEB 2007 and Add on card for my brother expired in March 2007. I didnot receive any replacement cards. 

I went to UK 2nd may 2007 and on 17th may 2007 my wife got a call in india that heavy transactions going on my card. She called me  and I called HSBC customer care by that time RS 1,89,000 has been transacted.

I asked them how that can happen

She confirmed me that replacement cards returned and they destroyed it. I have all the  expireds card with me here in UK and transaction mean to be physical swap. 

I lodged the complain with them Immedicatly. I chased around 7-8 month and they were still investigating and she acknowladge on phone that there is something wrong has happened. So I forget it.

3 month back I got legel notice and that I have to pay around 6 lac. I again mailed them and this time they say yes we destroyed your replacement cards but you have to pay. I again argued how that can happen. They didnot reply.

Today I got notice of Lok Adalat in India. I am in UK at moment.

Please help me what should I do now

Learning

1 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     15 February 2011

Send a Detailed Letter, enclosing the documnets and notes available to the Registrar of the Lok atalad, prefefera by speed mail/courier. ALso lodge a complaint with the Economic Offence Wing of the Police of concerned State. This complaint may be lodged preferably through an authorised representative/lawyer in India.

vasudevan

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register