LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neha   13 February 2017

How to withdraw a complaint given on punjab police helpline '1905'?

Dear members, I gave a complaint regarding illegal transfer of properties by m y brother (of my deceased father) on the Punjab government helpline '1905'. Earlier too i gave complaint on that number, twice. However, both times the department issued a complaint number but eventually closed it. But, after the second time they e-mailed me to ask the properties transferred illegally by my brother. (This happened after they close my complaint second time.) I listed the properties. This was two weeks ago. Now, however, i want to withdraw my complaint for now because of stress and time involved. Can i do it? What is the best way to do it? Are there any repercussions on me? Sincerely, Neha


 3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     13 February 2017

Write a Registered letter to concerned police station that you are not interested in further proceeding of the case, and request them to treat the complaint withdrawn.

Contact Permanent Lok Adalat and file such application through them  in case of any difficulty.

1 Like

Neha   14 February 2017

Dear Mr. Prasad: 

Thank you for responding. Also, can i write it in an email through which i sent the complaint?

Also, if through Permanent Lok Adalat, how much expense and time is involved? Does Police issue any problem, otherwise?



G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     14 February 2017

As signatures are important while withdrawing such complaints, it is proper to send e mail, followed by hard copy through Registered post for building evidence.

Absolutely no costs are involved in PLA, and it may take maximum one month, when you are withdrawing a complaint through PLA they will be too pleased and there may not be any problem in normal circumstances.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads