Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vijay sharma (Ops Manager)     27 October 2014

How to settle personal loans

Hi All,

I got married last year and my wife took a loan of about 8.5 Lacs in her name and now after paying it for almost 2 years without fail she has lost her job and now it is almost impossible for me to pay her loans along with mine what should i do and what settlement procedures can i follow since total amount left is 6 lac and total time due is 3 years please suggest i have all intention to pay but the question is how?..even i was thinking to sell of all my gold which is somewhat of 2 lac but is it enough to close the accounts worth 6 lac i am in deep trouble please help.

Cordial Regards

Vijay

Learning

3 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     27 October 2014

The title of your post is 'personal loan'. But I do not see the phrase in the narration. From whom did your wife take the loan? One uses the word 'personal loan' when the loan is taken from an individual and mostly when it is unsecured. From whom did your wife take the loan, from a friend or acquaintance, from a professional money lender or from a bank or other such institution? For what purpose was the loan taken? What is the interest rate? Is it a secured or unsecured loan?

If a solution is available it will depend on answer to the above questions. Answers on loans taken by you will also be necessary.

vijay sharma (Ops Manager)     27 October 2014

Thanks for your response please find the details below.

Axis - unsecured - personal loan - interest - 15%
citi - unsecured- personal loan - interest - 14.5%
fullerton - unsecured - personal loan - interest - 26%

now the emi's

Axis - Rs.7045
Citi - Rs.9485
Fullerton : Rs 5100

we have already paid the loans for almost two years without fail..now we have a financial crisis...

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     04 November 2014

There would be agreements executed with each of the parties. The agreements would say what action the creditors can take against you in the event of default. If your creditors are legally in the business of advancing loans there is not much that you can do. You may approach the creditors individually and plead with them for forbearance and try to come to some arrangement under which your repayments can be deferred.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More