Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neenu (software engg)     07 June 2014

How to save oneself in advance from false dowry case

Hi Everyone,

Background: 

I am a married woman happily settled with my husband. Around 1.5 years back my brother and sister in law also moved-in the same city.

As my mother was not well and my parents were alone in our hometown, my brother called them to stay with him so that my mother can get good treatment.

Last year has been crucial to my family as my mother was diagnosed with Cancer last stage, I need not to explain how hectic this year has been for us.

both my brother and sister in law are working in MNCs and have their own share of work pressure and hectic schedule.. and in addition to it my mother's condition.

Our generation being so impatient, clashes between my brother and sister in law are not a surprise.

Though the best suggestion HER family could provide her is to have some patience and be pillar of support and strength for her husband and father in law rather they are stretching it and provoking her. rather asking her to ignore such petty issues they are discussing it further with my father (that too in hospital).

Though reasons of their conflicts are so petty but still she threatens him for divorce.

Now as an observer (i dont interfere in their personal matter), I am just thinking if she and her family cant understand the sensitivity of current situation ( my mother being in ICU on ventilator ) they are bothered about such senseless issues, then they may not hesitate to go to any level IN FUTURE.

QUERY : IN FUTURE, what if she files a fraud dowry case against my brother including my father, me and my husband. WHAT can we do TODAY, how can we SECURE ourselves from such situation?

I can't discuss this question with my brother as he may think i am too exaggerating or I am a typical pessimist, but still I dont want to see my husband and father suffering because of their personal issues.

Is there any thing we can do? or is it if a woman wants to misuse dowry act, nothing can be done?

I almost have tears in my eyes, my mother struggling in ICU but I had to type this post.

Note : I scanned forum to see if any similar thread already exists, but could not find any.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register