How to rectify wrongly mentioned caste name in school lc?

Respect All,

I belong to Hindu Lingayat Sivsimpy caste which is also known as Simpi/Shimpi (as per a document issued by my community "ALL INDIA VEERASHAIVA LINGAYAT SAMAJ", a registered community association since 1980s)

I have discussed about this dilemma with the Association President, we can also call ourselves Hindu Sivasimpy or Lingayat Simpi to avail reservation quota under Central OBC List.

But the main issue is with my School LC in which my father has mentioned Hindu Veerashaiva Lingayath as Caste without mentioning the Subcaste (error is from School authorities too as there is no subcaste column in the LC form).

Can somebody please help me by explaining the correst legal process to correct these errors inorder to avail Government sponsored benefits using Reservation system as my father is a retired government employee earning pension & mother is a home-maker (pension amount is less than 5 lakhs p.a. & not a Group A gazetted/non-gazetted employee) & I am an unemployed youth aspiring to appear for Group B exams of Central Government Service like SSC & other Banking services.

Awaiting for a prompt & serious reply from this forum's learned & esteemed Lawyers, Advocates, Judges & even junior Law practitioners.

Dy Director

which is the case you actually belong?

which is the caste entered in school record?

If same whether both nomenclatures entered in single /different Sl No in The Schedule?

If both caste are different then how a wrong caste was ever entered in the school record


Dy Director



You need not get the change in ssc records.You apply for fresh caste certificate to Tahsildar.The Tahsildar after conducting the thorough enquiry he will issue caste certificate.That is enough for your future requirements.





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x