Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hardeep (Business)     11 June 2012

How to recover property purchased 50 years ago ?

Hi my learned friends !

In my late father's papers I recently found an application made to "The Setllement Officer, Department of Rehabilitation, New Delhi " asking for copies of Sales Cerificates for a plot purchased by his father in 1961, along with  a recept issued by "Office of the Regional Settlement Comissioner , New Delhi " evidencing receipt of monies for this purpose, naming the plots and the  location.

This application was made in 1983

These property papers were lost (when my Grandfather expired in 1961 ) and matter never pursued by his heirs for replacement till 1983 when my father made the subject application.  He never got a formal reply and I think he just gave up.

While this may lead to nothing , I am just curious as to what are the possibilities now ? And what does the law say ? All advise and legal citings would be appreciated.

Thanks much !

Best

Hardeep

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     12 June 2012

Dear Hardeep,

pl try to collect the certified copies of the documents relating to the alloted plots from the sub registrar's office under whose jurisdiction the plot is located. you then file a suit for redemption to recover the property.

Hardeep (Business)     18 June 2012

Thanks v. much Vish for your efforts !

Could you / anyone else on this forum advise me if property is recoverable even 50 years after no actions ? Any cases ?

Tks again !

Hardeep

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register