Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

baputhal (associate)     27 December 2012

How to prove gmail chat as a legal proof/evidence..

Hi,

I have Gmail chat between my wife and her boyfriend even after marriage. There are more than 5-6 chats which is completely saying "I love you" to boyfriend and all. How I can prove those chats as legal proof/evidence for domestic voilence and 498A.

Along with that, how I can collect my wife's mobile call details as her mobile bill was more than Rs.4000/- for couple of months and we are sure that all calls have been made between her and her boyfriend. This we come to know when we were calling her, her phone remains in busy mode and at the same time when we were calling her boyfriend, his phone also remained in busy mode. And this happens for so many times.

Please guide.

Thanks in advance.

Learning

9 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     27 December 2012

Every mobile company records all the data i.e. sms and mms exchanged between the parties. also they do voice recording of all the conversation which happens between the user and the other party. The said information is given only upon receipt of the court order.

you need to get the order from the court to ask the mobile operator to furnish all the details of the smms and the voice conversation done by your wife with her bf.

Further, the gmail chat which you have cannot be a strong evidence since it is difficult to be proved that your wife was having those conversation with her bf  and not anyone else had used her chat id.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

Hi, Is there any other way to get call details records? We are going to apply for the same in the court but it may take long time to get the order. I heard that mobile companies are keeping the records only for a year and it is difficult to get those details after 1 year. I am not sure whether it is true or not.

Please suggest. Thanks

(Guest)

Hi baputhal,

its same case like me.. You cannot able to get the call log & Call Conversation from the Service providers If it is more than 1 year old...  But in case its a criminal case u can get this with the help of Police.

But same, you try to approach it again if the phone number is in your name its possible luck u can get the call log list. but not the call conversation list.

(Guest)

an examination of the content of the gmail chats will determine whether it was really your wife who sent them or someone hacked into her account and impersonated her. you can obtain the same from google india on court order.

kandarp1986 (techni)     27 December 2012

can the conversation recorded in your phone although not very clear be of any help?

Hi, Can we track all her gmail chats from Google by the way of traking of IP address and to whom this IP address was allocated and the service provider on that perticular date and time. If yes, then please let me know the way to get this.

For mobile call details, phone number is registered with her name so I could not her number's call details.

Thanks

(Guest)

you can get all required information from email service provider through court order. there is no other way. police will not help you in this regard although they have powers.

(Guest)

Yes, In Yahoo there is an option for that.. but don't know about google account. Even, If you get the ip address you can check the Service Provider information.

But, Since it is usless... You can attempt duplicate password to crack her credentials. in this case u can see all informations of hers. If you want u try that first.

Mohankumar (engineer)     28 December 2012

additional query.. Is yahoo mail sent from her id can be used as evidence???

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register