Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shambhu12@gmail.com (COnsultant)     07 June 2011

How to increase CIBIL score

Hi

I used to have multiple Credit cards a couple of years back. I have made payment of those cards (some Principal Ammount settlement and some Settlement) This has affected my credit score and it is somewhere around 650.

Is there any means by which I can get it increased now ? All my cards are closed now, and there has not been any credit card payment payment or dues since 15 months.

Please suggest

Thanks

Learning

3 Replies

Surendra Gupta (Banker)     17 October 2011

Pay all your EMIs on Loans in time. And when you have more than one loan running it gets difficult to repay them or keep a track. So, its very important to make regular & timely re-payments of your loan to maintain your credit level.
Never fail to pay the Minimum Payment required by your Credit Card. What is advisable is making full payments on your credit card every time. Credit Card is categorized as revolving credit and it helps in building a good credit history if payments are regular.
Always make a budget for yourself & ensure your monthly income permits you to take a loan.
Do not apply for loans or credit cards if not required. As this would mean more credit exposure. This could affect your credit score. Instead of applying for another loan, try checking for a top-up loan option on your existing loan. This will make your debt burden easier to manage.
Use some of your savings to repay some of your debt. Always plough back extra income to reduce your debts. This will increase your credit score level.
A cheque bounce on your credit card or on a loan also affects your credit rating.
Avoid going in for settlements, although you make payments only for your purchases in a settlement it does bring down your score level. And never get into a write off case. This means not paying for your dues at all.

Susang Tharemal (Consultant)     18 June 2012

Hi Shambu

Please do visit www.rectifycredit.com

They are channel partners of CIBIL.

They provide advisory services in rectifying your credit score. 

Also visit www.creditduniya.com

It provides useful information.

Sudhir Lal (Expert)     19 April 2013

I had a similar problem with CIBIL. I got in touch with Credit Sudhaar( www.creditsudhaar.com ) They are a crack team run by professionals from the financial services industry. Excellent responses, always available to take my queries.. These guys at Credit Sudhaar are ever reliable. you can contact them on 022-67886788

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register