Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

cmfugen (business)     22 November 2012

How to get duplicate copy of my divorce order/decree

Hello

Unfortunately I lost my divorce order copy/Decree, I have a true copy certified by the court,  I need to get the duplicate copy of the divorce order, may I seek some help from our honourable members that how can i proceed to get the duplicate copy of my divorce order.

One more thing is that at present I am not living in India so in this case how should i proceed, I need this as Indian consulate is asking for original order to provide the OCI registration.  I do not know is the true copy of the original order having same weightage like the original. Do I need a Lawyer or any of my relatives can get one on my behalf.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Learning

5 Replies

rahul (director)     22 November 2012

certified copy is equevalant as original

1 Like

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     22 November 2012

1. Apply (self) via RTI route True Certified Copy of Divorce Judgment + Divorce Decree Sheet along with Memo Set.

OR

2. Ask your previous Lawyer to apply for the above on your behalf and courier them to you.

Above are more than sufficient authentic document for submission before any Public Authorities, here the Consulate where one is applying for OCI Card.

If you say you already have True Certified Copies of either or both then same are sufficient authentic document for submission before any Public Authorities.

1 Like

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     24 November 2012

You have to another certified copy.   you can send your represenative/relative by giving him your letter/identifiy and he/she will apply for the same to C opying Depart of the said Court

1 Like

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     24 November 2012

One more thing, you better change your user identity as "Clear" instead of Confusion.....which might spread in the air and everything in your life would take the place of confusion

1 Like

cmfugen (business)     27 November 2012

I din't get what you mean Anamika

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register