LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjay (Engineer)     04 May 2015

How to get duplicate copy of master/building plan from mc


My Name is sanjay sabharwal. I have a question and need an expert advise ...

Builder had approved the master plan of the society from the MC and one of the private bank.

Everybody in the society has allotment letter and some have registered their flat but nobody has the copy of the master plan and they didn't ask for this from the builder. and now builder is no more.

now how we can get a copy of it from MC or from the respected bank if we need to sale if further. I only have the registry that we had performed after 1-2 months in respect to the allotment letter.


 4 Replies

Adv. Mandar Pimpalkhare (Advocate)     05 May 2015

Dear Sanjayji

Do you want to say master plan means - plan prepared by the arch. showing the elevations of building, floor plans, common areas, lobby, parking etc in the said condomenium, which is sanctioned by local body.  It's technical document and not necessary each member should have copy of the same.  However the details/of area calculations and proportiante share of each member is also mentioned in Deed of Declaration executed by builder either on getting Completion Certificate from coroporation/council or proir.  The copy of DOD can solve your problem when you want to sale flat.  moreover sale deed also have mention of proportionate share of owener in the building and copy of the layout plan and flat area owned by such person.

Still you can get certified copy of sanctioned master plan if you have details when it is executed & registered, else you can have search at Town Planning Dept. of corporation on payment of requisite fees and then can apply for certified copy of the same.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     05 May 2015

It is simple.  File RTI Application seeking certified copy of master plan to SPIO of Town planning as per rules and regulations in format and fee as applicable to your state.  It has to be provided to you within 30 days from date of receipt of your application by SPIO.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 May 2015

The proceedure has been explained in detail by learned advocate Mandar phimpalkare which willbe one good step to solve the issue and the other one in short can also be tried as advised by Mr. Prasad for procuring he same through RTI Act, choice is yours.

Sanjay (Engineer)     07 May 2015

Thanks a ton everyone for their precious advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads