LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ganesh S (Engineer)     11 February 2014

How to get a partition of inherited joint property

Myself and my sister own joint properties inherited from our parents ( deceased )and we have also registered joint ownership of all the properties, We recently developed one of the property where our parents lived ( A building with 2 houses of 3 bhk each ), I was living overseas while the construction of the building took place and i had given a GPA to my sister to carry out the responsibilities on behalf of me, When the building has been completed i came back home for a visit to witness the new building, Later when i discussed about a partition of  the entire property and the new building my sister refused to give the partition and would like to continue to be a joint property owner as she knows that i live overseas and wants a total control of the said properties, besides we both jointly took a loan from the bank to construct the building, I wanted to come out of the loan arrangement and wanted to pay off my part of the loan but for this to happen the property had to be seperated legally for which my sister is not cooperating, I wish to know how to get a legal share of my jointly held properties so that i can take an individual ownership and how long it may take legally by the court to arrive at a decision, your suggestions are highly appreciated.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register