25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

angel (marketing expert)     15 January 2015

How to exhibit evidences

Hi all the expert advisors,

In a criminal case (Rape case - false promise of marriage) even after giving all the evidences (shopping bills related to marriage) which proves the promise it has only been marked in  the court by the public prosecutor. how it can be exhibited in the court? Actually judge is very adamant and not allowing its exhibition right now. so what should be done? should we wait for 313 (statement)  or 315 (defense) of the accused? 


PS : Heard when accused presents defense in the court then marked evidences get exhibited automatically? 


 3 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     16 January 2015

I cannot really make out what you are in to? documents or evidences are submitted and the same will be confronted with accused at the time of cross. 

angel (marketing expert)     17 January 2015

its a 376 case (false promise of marriage)but the accused is not giving his defense??

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     17 January 2015

Let me correct you, IPC 376 is not for (false promise of marriage) it is punishment for rape, and false promise of marriage either comes under  IPC 417,420 ,depends upon the case .  Next is it is up to prosecution to prove the allegation beyond all reasonable doubt, and not the accused,generally in criminal cases accused wont PREFER to lead any evidence in defense.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query