LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Caroline Sexton (housewife)     09 March 2011

How to Ensure Delhi FIR is investigated/enforced: Foreigner

I filed an FIR against a foreigner (US Citizen) in Delhi on 9th February for alleged cheating, alleged marriage fraud, alleged assault, alleged forgery and other serious cognizable offenses.  

The Delhi police issued me a number, which I am assuming is the FIR number:  1323/Email dated 02/09/2011. The Commissioner's office directed my FIR complaint to JCPT/Crime division three weeks ago.

I provided ample evidence, including two voice recordings of detailed admissions of some of the alleged offenses by the accused, including alleged forgery, alleged assault and obtaining drivers license as a foreigner by alleged bribery.  

I provided email in which the accused takes direction from a Pakistani company for which he works and a web posting where that same company seeks to purchase weapons, including surface to air weapons.  

I provided emails where the accused speaks against Indian democracy.  

I provided more than 30 "damning" documents against the accused for the police and have heard nothing back since 9th February.  

How can I assure that there is sufficient investigation and enforcement of my claims?  The foreigner is only resident in India until two weeks from now and I have heard nothing back from my FIR application despite email requests for information.

The alleged offenses against this foreign person are serious and warranted - how can I ensure enforcement?  

Would it help to contact the Times of India or some other news service to promote enforcement?  

Can anyone of you on this board look up my FIR online and tell me the status of the investigation or enforcement, if any?  Any help would be appreciated as I am writing from abroad and cannot visit the police station myself.  The accused name is Tipton. You may contact me also by private message.

Thank you.

Learning

3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     10 March 2011

You can also make an enquiry thru., fone regarding your complaint to the concerned police station where you filed a complaint

prashant pundhir (Criminal Lawyer)     10 March 2011

Dear, the most simple and the best way to find status and also to mantain the pressure on police is to give an application of "progress report " to the cort concern . Court will directly ask the progress report from police and then the investigeting officer is bound to give the status of investigation to the court and you can get it . It will also build pressure on the I.O. to do the fast investigation and ensure arresting . For this you have to hire a lawyer here in India . Sooner or later you have to hire ,so why not today .

Caroline Sexton (housewife)     10 March 2011

Yes, I thought that would be at least one of the responses, that I would have to hire a lawyer in India.  However, during the course of trying to ascertain whether my marriage in India was valid or not, I hired a lawyer, who is a sitting judge in the UP now.  The accused claims that my lawyer took bribes of money, food and drinks from him and did have documents he otherwise would not have had if my lawyer had not work on his side, according to the accused.  So, I do not know whom to trust and fear that I would spend many more years and much money to get nowhere, or worse, to inadvertently protect the accused by making him a cash cow.    Any more ideas?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register