Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kanishk (n/a)     26 January 2011

how to do.


My mother lives in a house which was owened by her  mom's brother (Uncle).  My mothers  mom, and uncle both passed away few years back.  Now my mom lives in the same house from last two years but she dont have any papers for the house. I would like to know the procedure for, how to get the house on her name. what all documents she requires  for  the same.


Thank you.


 2 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     26 January 2011

You didn't mentioned, whether there is any heir of your mother's brother.

1 Like

kanishk (n/a)     19 October 2011




Hello Arvind ,

       Thanks for the reply, No their is no heir to him. He used to stay alone and had no children. My grand mother and her brother both were the only siblings. His death was uncertain and therefore we do not have the important documents with us. Now I and my mom stay in this property.  My granny was the only successor. As she is not alive my mom is the successor because she is the only child.

      Please guide me on this issue. What procedure should we follow to get the papers for the house. This property is constructed by DDA (Delhi development authority) and itss a LIG flat.

      For any information required please let me know.



Thank you


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register