LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vaishnavipriya (Clerck)     10 July 2012

How long will a divorce case take....

My husband filed for divorce and i have gone forcounselling as well i would like to know what all the process involved in divorce cases.

how many counselling will take place?

will the case  be filled only after the counselling or alredy the case is filed

when the counselling is going on can i file a case aginst him for giving maintenance for our child or only after the counselling is over i have to file a case for getting maintenance

i have made to stand outside his house and that day at night they sent me to my parents house for good. i have not registered any policecase aginst him because i thought if i do he will subject that to creulty against him and will ask for divorce any way he as gone for divorce now

now my relative said that i can complin in national commission for women and itis different from police organisation so i would like to know what is this organisation

What is the role of national commission for women and how does it work

can i go to this organisation now that i am alredy attending the counselling in court


 4 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (     10 July 2012

You should initiate the proceedings for maintenance under SS.24 HMA/125 CrpC and the DV Act in order to secure your right. Concilliation is already underway then what is the point of going to the NCW. 

1 Like

rajiv_lodha (zz)     11 July 2012


1st be clear of ur mind WHAT DO U WANT

1) whether u want money

2) Whether u want to save marriage

3) Whether u want to harass him/take revenge

Ur actions may land u in different trains, u know. take ur time & have a firm decision


vaishnavipriya (Clerck)     11 July 2012

I have made a decision and that to save my marriage. i have tried hard to convince him but he is indifferent to everything. he refuses to talk or answer in councelling. he is irritating the counseller and giving me lot of mental torture. i just want him to take up his responsbility for his child. i just want him to know that he cannot run away from his responsibility by giving divorce.

rajiv_lodha (zz)     11 July 2012

Sorry, much of GYAAN can be imparted only if we hear the story of opposite party too.

But as far as experience goes, if u plan to save the marriage, then do not add fuel to the fire. Many a troubled marriages worth salvaging die down due to no point putting DV, Maint, Custody cases leave aside 498a,406. These will make the chances of re-union negligible.

Now concentrate on the issue .. why is he so aggreived. U must be knowing better what is the root cause. Nobody likes to disturb his matrimony at the drop of a hat. There must be grave reasons that he filed for divorce. I do not say u only are at fault, he must have behaved arrogently too. But things are boiling now. One party shud be prepared to lose the gound...............for the sake of future.

Next step is, though difficult, is COMPLETE SURRENDER. If ur mind allows, do not feel hesitent to tell him that "I agree that things went very very bad between us. I take full responsibilty of the wrongs which were done by me in anger etc. Truth is that I can not imagine a life without u. Our child can not feel humiliated all his life due to all follies from us". It works wonders, many chances that he puts out his heart.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register